Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upstairs Brady's

Options
  • 24-06-2005 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Was there the other night and it was dead....seriously it's really nice but I don't think that many people know about it. Ye should check it out, it's lovely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I was there during the year. The talent there was quite impressive...It was kind of an older crowd though...Prefer the Roost...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I was there during the year. The talent there was quite impressive...It was kind of an older crowd though...Prefer the Roost...

older crowd? than the roost, are you sure you were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

lordgoat wrote:
    older crowd? than the roost, are you sure you were there?

brady's has a much older crowd than the roost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Mmm it's lovely but no one goes there :(

It's usually busy on a Saturday night, full of hot locals :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

was there once, didnt like it. havent ventured back since. the roost is closer to where i live so its just easier

solice wrote:
    was there once, didnt like it. havent ventured back since. the roost is closer to where i live so its just easier

Yeah because Brady's is an entire 30 seconds walk from The Roost!!!! :eek:

Brady's upstairs is class. Leave the Roost to all the 18 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

i is an intel co-op. when the co-ops go out in maynooth its always to the roost. its fun!

Try Brady's Solice. It's nice. By the way is the Maynooth Beers ever going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

Maynooth wrote:
    Try Brady's Solice. It's nice. By the way is the Maynooth Beers ever going to happen?

yes. tomorrow night! get your arses in to the roost :D

• Advertisement

Lilly81 wrote:
    yes. tomorrow night! get your arses in to the roost :D
    :rolleyes: I would have if I checked on here but was away all week! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I quite like upstairs Brady's. Alright music, late bar, a decent enough clientele, the option to dance if you want, service ok, ditto beer prices.
    Beats the Roost anyway. Although, I do like the Roost's takeaway option. Very pleasing if you're not quite finished drinking and you're gettin kicked out.
    More beer!!!!! Yay! :D

Although, I do like the Roost's takeaway option. Very pleasing if you're not quite finished drinking and you're gettin kicked out.
    More beer!!!!! Yay! :D

I wouldn't know anything about that.......

:D

I think someone's pants might be on fire..... ;)

I'm not wearing pants, I'm wearing a skirt. So there. Ha! That'll teach you!

the staff in the roost put me off. the girls that work there are nice but the men are pricks in general except there's one older guy (not paddy the asshole) and he's lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 -Sparkle

I love the staff in the Roost!!! Except for Paddy, he is an ass. Nearly got thrown out by him once....

ah paddy's grand. but alot of cocks do work there though.

The staff in Brady's are great. I had the barman addressing me as 'Officer' on Saturday for some reason (and no, I'm not involved in law enforcement. Not officially anyway). I've nothing against the staff in the Roost either. But I am yet to have a disagreement with them. Which one is Paddy and why does he have a bad reputation?

The staff in the Roost....I only started to dislike them when everyone told me how nasty they are....so if I hadn't heard that I might think they're okay. There's one or two idiots alright though. There's an older lady working there and she's lovely.

The staff in Brady's used to be great cause I knew a few of them but they're gone now :( The rest are lovely too though.

• Advertisement

Sparkle, everyone has nearly been thrown out by Paddy at least once in their life lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 -Sparkle

Paddy is the guy who walks around the Roost as if he owns it. You can't have a laugh with him. He's all strict and that. He'll ban you only once, and when he does, you're never allowed in the Roost EVER again, or so I've heard...

i think his brother owns it doesnt he?

No the roost is owned by a consortium that owns many pubs around ireland, The Quays in Galway and The Poitin Still in dub and a few others in the city. Paddy was the original manager from before they were bought and has been there for a very long time. This is what i've picked up over the years - feel free to correct me!

i knew they owned a load of those pubs but i still heard that paddy's brother owns the roost? but i don't know. the quays in galway is a great pub actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Louis Fitzgerald owns The Roost, Poitin Still, the Big Tree among others.
    Paddy was manager before it was acquired and came back to run it once it was refurbished.
    But he isn't just manager as such. Has a lot more control than that.

He's alright when your on his good side or know him well,otherwise, don't misbehave!

know it all

are anyone else's smilies not working??

Advertisement