Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fav car magazine

Options
  • 24-06-2005 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

what car magazine is your current fav, Drive seems to get good reviews in and is good value in my eye's. which one do you read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

CAR would be my fave. the reviews are very well written and they have a collection of the finest car photographers i've ever seen. their design and layout changes often enough to keep the magazine lookin fresh, and it always looks good.

their long-term tests are very handy for prospecive buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Has to be Auto Express, comes out weekly and is priced about €3. Very up-to-date as opposed to monthly mags like Car & Top Gear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

preilly79 wrote:
    CAR would be my fave. the reviews are very well written and they have a collection of the finest car photographers i've ever seen. their design and layout changes often enough to keep the magazine lookin fresh, and it always looks good.

their long-term tests are very handy for prospecive buyers.
    Would agree with you there that CAR has some amazing photos

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, have to agree Auto Express is tops for me. I buy it almost every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Japanses Performance is a very good mag, with lots of info on the Jap makes. I like a car mag that doesn't deal mainly with new cars, cos I'm not going to be buying a brand new car in the forseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i like topgear,or CAR.

these have best reviews and pics

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Surfer

My favourite is 911 and Porsche World. I buy it religously every month. I also regulary buy Classic and Sport Car magazine . I generally have a bigger interest in older cars than more modern cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Autocar because it's weekly and accurate and CAR for the nice things in life...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i read every one that comes into my shop . was very supprised to see the focus rs scrapped :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

EVO and Autocar, rest are muck. :cool:

ps. don mind the 20% off yearly subscription malarkey, they're (to ROI anyhoo) around 3weeks later than mags on the shelves so you end up buying both :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

elexes wrote:
    i read every one that comes into my shop . was very supprised to see the focus rs scrapped :(

have you got a link for that? tis a tasty car.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Autocar: Tilted towards performance side and has best weekly news.

Evo: Performance cars with a passion but lacks a bit of meaty reading.

CAR: The grandaddy and don't they know it; arrogance personified - 'our opinion is the only one that counts', but great pics. Don't like the post-modern layout under the new NI editor who used to be on Top Gear.

What Car: When you want to buy a sensible car this is the only magazine you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It used to be Topgear for me too but it's gone a bit cack and has too many ads. The last time I bought Topgear it came in 4 different colours....collect all 4, it boggles the mind. Auto-express is ok, they get some good 'scoops' and as someone said it's up to date. Evo gets my mate's vote, they get some proper fast cars to test. I don't buy them much now, with broadband being there all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Cars & car conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

quarryman wrote:
    have you got a link for that? tis a tasty car.

no ill go and look for what mag i saw it in think it was auto express or somthn ???

ill find out was plastered across the front page bottom right

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

EVO, took the performance car mantle and went to a higher level.

Motorsport - the only really good historic journal out there

Advertisement