Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passport Queue

• 24-06-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

hey hombres....

headed off to the USA on Sunday and horror of horrors. I just found out I lost my passport! I'm going to have to do the 24 passport thing tomorrow morning.

Anyone know anything about it? What time I'd need to be there, etc.?

I heard scare stories about being there at half seven, but if I'm there for half eight would I be near the top of the queue?

Homer Simpson Voice: "Help me, Boards.ie-ers, you're my only hope!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Sent my sis in yesterday, she was there when they opened and waited about 15 mins. Im off to Toronto in three weeks and lost two passports last week along with the application form. They may only give you a short term passport. I think I'm a little fu*ked as I lost one last year in Hungary, it was found in the Czech Republic and returned via diplomatic pouch but it was with my four month passport that I received in Hungary and now both are lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

FX Meister wrote:
    Sent my sis in yesterday, she was there when they opened and waited about 15 mins. Im off to Toronto in three weeks and lost two passports last week along with the application form. They may only give you a short term passport. I think I'm a little fu*ked as I lost one last year in Hungary, it was found in the Czech Republic and returned via diplomatic pouch but it was with my four month passport that I received in Hungary and now both are lost.

So I shouldn't be there queueing at eight o clock or anything? I wonder does there a mad U2-ticket-like queue build up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Get there early.... it does get busy.

john

Lump wrote:
    Get there early.... it does get busy.

john

everyone says that, but how early is early? six? seven? eight? nine?

Get there for opening time. That's what lil sis did.

• Advertisement

ok... i wonder how long you have to wait until you have the actual passport in your hand though! i got u2 tickets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

we went one morning got there half an hour before it opened there was no one there, people arrived just as it opened

So you got U2 tickets eh? I got four, all free cause I live in the area. Gave them away as I'm not really a fan and I'd rather head to the Burren this weekend. A lot of people entered the draw to scalp the tickets so I figured I'd lesten the scalping and gave them to real fans that want to go.

Advertisement