Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first signs of some decent marketing?

Options
  • 23-06-2005 11:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It looks like Microsoft are starting to get to grips with marketing, after their mis-placed MTV show and the pretty nasty under-cutting they suffered at E3... check this out:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59744
    Earlier this week, Sony France opened The Factory - a big shiny showroom designed to show off the PSP - in the Place de l'Etoile, Paris.

In response, Microsoft hired itself some advertising space in the window of a laundry just across the road, putting up giant Xbox 360 posters displaying the message "Gardez vos forces pour cet hiver".

Which translates as "Save your strength for winter" - winter, of course, being the season Xbox 360 will hit the shops.

picture of the shop front here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59743

Beautiful stuff, lets hope this is a sign that MS has finally realised how to market the xbox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

excellent allright, a good break from the tedium of mines better than yours

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If this isn't 'mine's better than yours', I don't know what is. Ok, maybe it is just "look at us, look at us"...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

monument wrote:
    If this isn't 'mine's better than yours', I don't know what is. Ok, maybe it is just "look at us, look at us"...

well it's not much better than that, but at least there's some thought put into it, rather than "what do kids like these days? Rock bands, MTV and pseudo-dwarves? OK, I've got an idea...", as well as the paid clappers they had at their E3 conference. Labour in the UK did the same, but they pulled it off in a more believable way...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Yeah, a hell of a lot of thought, Sony sets up a PSP showroom with a small sign above the door, then Microsoft plasters the shop front across the street with 360 advertising.

The worldwide result of this little stunt on MS’s behalf may be a few people on the net saying ‘that was a nice idea’. The local result is the 360 adverts are now off the shop front, and more people know about Sony’s PSP showroom. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the way it looks to me.

Advertisement