Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a Jazz Band

Options
  • 23-06-2005 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anybody seen a good Jazz band of late........
    want to book one for a function- but don't know any
    maybe a quartet playing around Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

How's about the Dirty Jazz Band. They play Sin E (don't know how to spell it) on Wednesday's which is free in or they play the international bar on tuesdays with a cover charge. There's a few more out there. I've seen Micheal Buckley Trio in the Mezz occasionally or maybe Isotope who play JJ Smyths regularly.

Actually, I think I meant the Hugh Buckley Trio. Had me awake all night that one did!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

Actually, I think I meant the Hugh Buckley Trio. Had me awake all night that one did!

One more mistake like that and you wil be forced to play Madonna covers until you are penitent enough. We are watching you carefully.

Desmo wrote:
    One more mistake like that and you wil be forced to play Madonna covers until you are penitent enough. We are watching you carefully.

I used to be in a Madonna cover band. So, your post was a little to close to the bone. Really hurt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I'm in a jazz band, we're called The Jazzberries. We consist of a singer(me) a guitarist, a double bassist and a drummer (sometimes we have a piano player with us to) We play jazz standards and some blues too.
    PM me if you are interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement