Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Club Adds

Options
  • 23-06-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

I like the new adds for Club Orange and Club Energiser. Very modern looking.

Club Organge - Skipping add.
    Club Enegiser - Climbing up a building add.

Just thought I would mention it. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

i too like the climbing up the building one, skipping one, not so impressive, esp the " boring old day, lets kick something off2 script

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Elmo wrote:
    I like the new adds for Club Orange and Club Energiser. Very modern looking.

Club Organge - Skipping add.
    Club Enegiser - Climbing up a building add.

Just thought I would mention it. :rolleyes:

Whos the author for them? Cant seem to find anything on Google..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think 2 young men could come up with something better to "kick off" than a giant skipping rope. Love the climbing ad tho, really like that free running kind of theme, where you free yourself from an urban environment, not constrained by gravity etc. tho its things like that, which make me want to climb things when im locked :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I have a comp in my room opposite to my tv and therefore as I'm never watching them the only onesthat ever grab me are those that are good/bad musically.

Hense this ad is currently 2nd in my current 'least favourite' list .... tho still miles behind 'grrrrrreat she hasn't cooked!'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

First of it's ad short for advertisement not "add". I have terrible spelling but it's only two letters long.

And the ads are very typical sort of trendy ads where the ones before were very funny and had an Irish feel. As Club is an Irish product why make it look like some boring non-Irish place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Shall I leave my bits in? - Thats very Irish???

I always thought they where very charlie and the choloate factory :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Shall I leave my bits in? - Thats very Irish???

I always thought they where very charlie and the choloate factory :P

You might have a point but just because it is surreal doesn't make it less irish. Strong emphasis on the irish accent and nature of hyberna-english.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I liked te one where they were clubbing the oranges better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Shall I leave my bits in?

Those adds where very Irish which was nice but I have to say I didn't like them. I have seen better "IRISH" adds.

Including the Club Energiser GAA advert.
    Strong emphasis on the irish accent and nature of hyberna-english.

And the mad red hair. He reminds me of a absent minded Irish Politician (no names :D )
    I liked te one where they were clubbing the oranges better.

Same line of ads.

The current 'lOrange ads for Finches are good also. Strangely. As are the fanta ads, to be fair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully04 wrote:

Any ideas then :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know the name of the song thats in the Club Orange add with the big skipping rope?

Orla; Exactly what I asked :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sully04 wrote:
    Orla; Exactly what I asked :/

Oh sorry! I thought you were looking for the author of the add.. like who's idea was it.. ya didnt say anything about the song

Anyway i found out its Ween -Voodoo Lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Blinder, a Dublin company made the skipping rope ad, as well as the current Spar ad with the revolving counters/shelves and the TG4 links. There's not much on the website yet, but a friend of mine was working for them recently which is how I knew :)

Blinder

Advertisement