Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mahon point hours

Options
  • 23-06-2005 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if mahon point is open late this this evening.. thursday??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

http://www.mahonpointsc.ie
    Funny, no opening hours on it. How annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevinroche

CathalMc wrote:
    http://www.mahonpointsc.ie
    Funny, no opening hours on it. How annoying.

I talked to Mahon Point management, their marketing company, and a lot of the staff in there about sorting out the complete lack of content in there.

I made two fairly decent proposals that would bring in local artists work and some real interest and life into the place. The proposals were also highly commercial.

There was no response, no "thank you for your time"

They just walked away with the ideas and kept them for their own greedy purposes. I have no time for Mahon Point. The lack of professionalism in there will only increase because you can't run a business like that. Mahon Point management will have to change, its as simple as that.

The fact that their closing times are not up on their website doesn't surprise me. They don't know what the www is, never mind how to run a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

They certainly need to do something to give the place some life. The number of rumours I've heard about MP is unbelieveable. Most of them are probably untrue but they were all negative.

What rumours? I visited it for the first time on Saturday, seemed a kind of souless American style Mall. Some decent shops there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is very soulless out there. Despite all the shops and so on, I never seem to spend more than a 1/2 hour there.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It is a souless spot alright - not much for those of us who are outside the target demographic..

Supposedly they are setting up a farmers market there at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and a shop selling nothing but fake burberry for the discerning wacker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

pfft, find me a mall with a soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevinroche

You wouldn't believe all the guff that marketeers talk about shopping malls. They talk about "an increase in light (in the Mall) increases stay-time" (as in the time that people will hang around.) The presumption is that the longer they stay, the more cash they will spend.

I'm not sure this works in Mahon Point. I do like the space in there it has to be said, but the fact that theres nothing to buy in there is a bit of a problem.

The marketeers forget that they are dealing with people, not robots.

The farmers stall probably won't work unless they get someone in there who knows what they are doing. The "ideas" coming from MP all seem to be fake and without real interest in the customer. They don't seem to have twigged that one yet.

Debenhams don't seem to like people collecting at the door according to one person I spoke to.
    parasite wrote:
    pfft, find me a mall with a soul

I think the fallacy in the "stay time" argument is that simply that people stay longer in Mahon Point because it takes so bloody long to walk from one end to the other...

I was in there the day of the Cork-Tipp match last weekend and the place was full of Tipp jerseys and I only saw 2 Cork jerseys (and one lions).

On the plus side, the cinema was very comfortable, with good seat terracing (ie: unless it's top-hat night, you won't be bothered by tall people in front of you).

• Advertisement

Now that I think of it, Mahon Point reminds me of the changes made to Wilton shopping center. The old setup was kinda grotty with the metal roof and the christmas lights that stayed put for months, but it felt very, I don't know, Irish: smallish shops close together. I personally think it's lost alot of its appeal with the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,939 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pretty much all shopping centres are like that. The Blanchardstown shopping centre where I have to do all my shopping feels like the most soulless place on Earth. That and they've no bicycle parking facilities, grrr :mad:

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

hey,
    i have never been to the SC before , just wonfering what size of a shopping centre is it , or in comparison, the crescent in Limerick will have nearly a 100 units when totally refurbished.
    there are plans for a shopping centre like Mahon in Limerick at the parkway although i think will be along the line of balncherstown and Mahon in size!

Advertisement