Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Event - Marquee needed!!!!

Options
  • 22-06-2005 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hi all i dont have much info myself but was asked to help out, the surf club in tramore county waterford is holding a charity event of some sort and are stuck for a marquee, if you can help or have a marque that could be used pm me and ill get you more info and get you in contact with the organiser. As far as i know it will be used to launch a surfing video and is all in aid of some charitable organisation. The marquee is needed sometime the week after next.

Nicky

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

It might help motivate people more if they knew the charity involved and had a description of what the money being raised would be used for. It is good as well as wise to know where the money is going and get an impression of the overall charity before handing over money/assistance. While the more hard sell charity work on the street may not be great for the long-term image of charities in general you usually get an explanation of the charity and purpose of the money even if you don't give hem anything in the end.

Advertisement