Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scars

Options
  • 22-06-2005 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody knwo of any way to clear scars?

Tanning or some sort of cream?

So far the only idea I have is tattooing over them.
    Anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bio-oil worked wonders for me and only cost me bought a tenner. Scars improved straight away, you can get it in any chemist.

btw, if ur scars are very deep, they more than likely wont have any pigment in them so tanning won't help disguise them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

friend of mine has a rather large scar on her neck and she used Vitamin E cream to bring it down.

depends on the scars i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

cosmetic surgery?

I had my arm opened up when I was 18, and the scar isn't noticeable now. The metal plate inside my arm is, however!

Scar was very red at the beginning and could be seen very easily. You could use make-up I assume, but it will fade away probably. That's for these type of scars anyways. Burn scars are a whole different bucket of bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Thers some cream to fade it down slightly but dont know what its called. How long since the operataion? (assuming it was an operation)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

doubt its operation if its scars and a guest poster.
    i hear itamin e capsules which you break and pour over scars work.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its not something I've paid much attention to, but I suspect scars are marginally more obvious with a new tan. I have however noticed that its those scars that play peek-a-boo are the most noticed.

Talk to your pharmacist or doctor, they might be able to recommend something.
    doonothing wrote:
    doubt its operation if its scars and a guest poster.
    Lets not judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Cocoa Butter Cream with vitamin E can be very good, ive used it myself,really calms the scar down-but ive heard that Bio-Oil, as already mentioned on this thread is really one of the best treatments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

There's a skin cream in the states called Mederma that sounds a lot like Bio-Oil.
    There are also silicone patches to wear over those keloid type raised scars. They work like a band-aid to cover and smooth out the surface of the scar and reduce the redness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I suggest that you give a piercing studio a ring as the good ones will be experts in mitigating the effects of scarring.
    Try here www.snakebite.ie, they really know what they are doing although they might find your request a little strange I cant see the nice people there not helping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Do not tan a new scar!
    You have to wait until it's fully healed before you can let the sun get to it.
    I got one when I was young, and the doctor gave us like factor 150 to put on it on a sunny day. It just stuck to it like a blob of goo, even after rubbing it in....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could get laser treatment.

Alternatively if you do get a tan (but not on the scar), use a little fake tan (wow I never thought I hear myself saying "put some noxious chemical on your skin so you can look better" :()

Advertisement