Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Petrol in Limerick?

Options
  • 21-06-2005 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the cheapest petrol in Limerick is now? It used to be Dillons by the parkway at 96.7.... Chalkes are the same as Dillons asell.... Nice and cheap(ish)They've both gone up now with the rest of em to 101.9....

There's a garage on the Ballysimon road that selling petrol at 119.9!!!! Does he not want the business or something?? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The cheapest place I have seen recently as Sunday is the Shell garage out in Thomandgate. It was 97.4 there last Sunday.

That rip off merchant on the Ballysimon road would tell you it was only to be used in BMWs. biggrin.gif

Check out http://www.irishfuelprices.com

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Shell in Thomandgate seems to the cheapest lately, though its up to 99.8 or similar now. Emo near Abbey Bridge and Dillons at the parkway Roundabout are suaully competitive though not lately.

It's hardly surprising it's getting expensive. Oil is nearly $60 a barrels and the euro has weakened against the dollar (from about $1.30 to $1.20 to the euro). A previously strong euro protected us against the increases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya on the ball lads shell in thomandgate is the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

ricey wrote:
    Ya on the ball lads shell in thomandgate is the cheapest.

They've been the cheapest around Limerick for a long time to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is an Emmo filling station on the Old Cork Road just past the Georgian Village estate that was usually the same price as them but I found it strange that Shell petrol gave slightly better mpg than Emmo did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

The last car i had broke down on me. I used to get my petrol out in that station on the old cork road. The mechanic said that the smaller garages like emmo sell a poorer quality petrol then the big boys like texaco and statoil. It clogs up the carberator (sp?) because of it's poor quality. That's why they are cheaper, because they're proabablt buying it cheaper.

I didn't go there once with my new car and i've had no problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

That's a load of wodswallop! The odds are it all came off the same ship anyway! The smaller stations sell it cheaper to get you into the forecourt. If you one thing from the shops attached it will double there profits. If anywhere are selling the bad stuff it's the larger stations because every penny is accounted for and questioned! :o

Advertisement