Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woohoooooo

Options
  • 21-06-2005 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

It's 4.30 am and i've just got home from Cork. My maiden live MTT win safely tucked away!!!

Although I've won our local game a couple of times (not to be sneezed at -1st place usually around €1k), that's usually 16 to 18 (good) players. This time I came through a field of 70. It must be admitted though, that when it got to heads-up we did a deal. I was big stack with 425k and opponent had 350k, blinds 20/40k and it was 3am. I offered to deal and we agreed on €1900 for me, €1700 for him with €100 for dealer and me getting the team points for 1st. Don't really know if I did well out of this as I felt I could outplay him but the time was a factor as was the fact that he had started the final table as short stack and had hit an unbelieveable run of cards. One hand could have turned things around in his favour and I was happy (still am) to take it. An outright win would have got me another €300 whereas 2nd would have dropped me down to €1400. I'm sure a lot of you will know more about the +/- EV involved there than me.

There were a few notables in the last 2 tables which makes the win even more satisfying, such as Sean Mintern (BB to my SB), Lauren Szidak and her husband Paul and Fergal Finn.

I'm not going to bore everyone with indivdual hands but I made 2 or 3 very good and close judgements on the final table and got lucky once when I went all in with JT on flop of QJ9 and was called with KJ, to see a beautiful black 8 on turn.

This is the 4th time I've gone to the Cork tourney and I now have stats of unplaced, 3rd, 6th and 1st.

Happy days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

congrats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Your deal was fine. Your equity in this situation is around 1850. Wp

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

well done

but you wont win tonight :)

Advertisement