Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Beer Gardens

Options
  • 20-06-2005 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of any pubs in or around Dublin City centre with nice beer gardens? The Living Room isn't bad, but I'd prefer somewhere actually outside. And the pubs with seats on the pavement just off Graften Street are always packed at weekends....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

D2 on Harcourt St have a really nice beer garden. Gets really packed at the weekend tho. Also on Harcourt St the beer garden out the back of the Russell Court Hotel is lovely and really big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Beggars Bush on Haddington Road has plenty of pic-in-nic tables outside, great on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Trampas

Dicey Riles. they have a very nice beer garden out the bar.

Barge is good also, everyone around the canal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Bar Bia has a nice terrace thingy out the back.
    Does anyone know if Fibbers beer 'garden' is open these days? That's a great place imo, just make sure you have your tetanus shot before entering...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

O'Donoghues on Merrion Row has a very substantial beer garden now....it's always jammed when i walk by it....reckon the smoking ban has been a boon for their business (well, at least after they opened the beer garden :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 saml1

hmm donoghues beer "garden" is full of smokers..was thinking more along the lines of actual open space not a smoking den with a picnic table and stools.... :(

is there any in the city-center d2 area?? somewhere worth skippin' off work early to on a sunny day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

very true...but unfortunately you'll find any outdoor area of a pub will be full of smokers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Crawdaddy have a big been garden out the front. Its a sun trap as well which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 25 josephiny

You can sit on the grass by the canal. Very summery.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Morrigan wrote:
    Bar Bia has a nice terrace thingy out the back.
    Does anyone know if Fibbers beer 'garden' is open these days? That's a great place imo, just make sure you have your tetanus shot before entering...

Fibbers beer "garden" is open. But attracting some really Strange people the last time i went in for a sat afternoon beer and a smoke. Some just a bit too friendly facinating conversation if i could make out what they were saying.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

The Temple Bar Inn has a nice beer garden which is good crack. It's very central if you're looking for a place to go early on and sit down for a few beers and a smoke. Unfortunately it's regularly crowded and it doesn't get that much sun. Fagans in Drumcondra has a small but nice beer garden. Nice place to soak up the sun but not much crack and not very central.

saml1 wrote:
    hmm donoghues beer "garden" is full of smokers..was thinking more along the lines of actual open space not a smoking den with a picnic table and stools.... :(

is there any in the city-center d2 area?? somewhere worth skippin' off work early to on a sunny day :D

The pav. Biggest beer garden in D2. Covers most of College Park (aka the cricket pitch)

http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/tcd_central.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Voodoo lounge on the quays up towards the four courts has a good beer garden I think, and the place we went to for the last beers had a pretty good beer garden too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

The Ha'Penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭super123

Where is the Ha Penny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

If i recall correctly, it is just over the ha penny bridge on the temple bar side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Fibbers has a smoking area which has recently become heated. It's cosy for smokers but whould hardly be called a beer garden by any stretch of the imagination

Advertisement