Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to dublin...singing the blues

Options
  • 20-06-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all...

When I first told my friends in Holland I was moving to Dublin, their general reply was "there's a great music scene there, you'll have no problems getting in the music bizz there"...

Three months on, and I'm still looking for a band to join...even put ads on the internet myself, to start up a blues band. Start from scratch, why not. Responses?? NONE! :rolleyes:

So, anyone out there who knows where to start looking for a blues band to join, please let me know, I'm almost getting desparate to start singing again.

What I like? Uptempo and energetic blues, like Susan Tedeschi, Barrelhouse, Blues Traveler, Eric Sardinas, Robben Ford.... Love the oldies as well, Albert Collins, Koko Taylor and so on...

There's Blues in this city, but where?? Am dying to find out, so let me know ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

JJ Smyths on Aungier Street of a tuesday night.... Blues Session upstairs..
    Might be useful for meeting some players...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brenda

Thanks, will definitely check that out...

Maybe even tonight! :D

Advertisement