Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone remember the band straw?

Options
  • 19-06-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭

just thought they deserve a mention, they have split up - unfortunetly just before they released their 2nd album, which you can download for free on tinternet,

anyone else remember them, what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah i used to really like shoplifting...thats a shame. always thought they were underrated....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

shopliftings a great album, the drummer and bass player from straw are 2 albums into a new band with ex-kula shaker frontman crispian mills - called the jeevas, nothing like straw but interesting,
    the unreleased straw songs are amazing i think, id agree they were underated, cant help but feel they would have faired better if they came on the scene about now?
    the singer songwriter - mattie bennett is a teacher in bristol now - shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dontloseit

I read that he left the music business to work in a bank?!

Advertisement