Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickie

Options
  • 19-06-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

If I see someone in the final round of betting, do I have to show my cards if I declare that I've lost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

No, but if you were the last to raise you have to show first. You can throw away your cards at any time but you may have to show yours to see if you've won or not.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes you do.

If it comes to a showdown you may elect to concede. HOWEVER, every player at the table, whether involved in the pot or not, has the right to ask to see all hands at showdown.
    So, while you can simply fold and people may accept your desire to fold unseen, they have the *right* to see them if push comes to shove.

Normally this doesnt happen and its considered a little rude but its an anti collusion rule. I've seen it invoked plenty of times, personally I'll ask to see someones cards if they have been pushy or nasty on the table.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I guess it all depends on where you're playing and what kind of etiquette is in play. I always thought that once you conceded that you could dump the cards and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

What DeV said. Also on Pokerstars if someone mucks in this situation you can see what they had on the hand history

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

bohsman wrote:
    on Pokerstars if someone mucks in this situation you can see what they had on the hand history

Thanks Oscar,I was not aware of this.

As the say....you learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

bohsman wrote:
    on Pokerstars if someone mucks in this situation you can see what they had on the hand history

Is this for only ring games or can u see mucked cards for tourney showdown also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Same on pokerroom for all types of games. Nice to be able to check out what they were raising etc with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

its the same on empirepoker as well, so I assume for all the party poker sites...

did not know that it was on pokerroom.... thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I was interested in this aswell. It's unusual that you can request the hand histories back in online rooms, but none have an option to force the display automatically (which would be quite useful).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Also, in live action, the procedure here is that the dealer kills the cards before turning them up by tapping them on the muck, in case they might actually hold the winning hand.
    \r

Advertisement