Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God This Sucks

Options
  • 19-06-2005 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

For a while now ive been tryin to start a band now, something along the lines of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones and Weather Report but theres absolutely no musicians that i can find who wanna do this, Im a bass player and am lookin for anyone interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alkali

I know what you mean, im looking to start a jazz (some elements of fusion) band but I cant find a drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Your best bet would be go to whatever gigs you can and talk to the musicians there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Im guessin ur a bassist alkali?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alkali

I play drums actually, but im getting into keys these days. Im hopefully getting a band going during the summer. To many people play rock music.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

you could try put up a notice in New Park, there is an ensemble class there on a Wednesday night and there are plenty of musicians that are looking to join bands in it.
    OR
    You could try coming to the pale on a Thursday night (I think it's still Thursday's) there is an open mike night there for jazz and have a chat to some of the musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Kennington wrote:
    For a while now ive been tryin to start a band now, something along the lines of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones and Weather Report but theres absolutely no musicians that i can find who wanna do this, Im a bass player and am lookin for anyone interested

Can you play like Vic Wooten??

Fusion
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Can Indeed

Advertisement