Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

up up up up up up up, down down down down

Options
  • 18-06-2005 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody remember that game on the DJ Kat show where the person would call in and guide this character around the screen to gather bones or whatever it was they were collecting. One thing I never understood was why they kept screaming up or whatever direction they wanted to go like 6 billion times. I mean, logically all you would have to say was up, or down once.

Also, does anybody remember where you had to send a crisp into a show (could of been dj kat show, can't remember) without breaking it?

Also, how about the Fun Factory? It used to be on Sky 1 I think. All I remember from the theme song was "Welcome to the fun factory"! It was on around the same era as DJ Kat.

That about covers it for today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

Yes he was indeed cool and i remember the show well but only one show stands out.....the ultimate program......THE TRAP DOOR!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Don't you open that trap door, cos there's something down there. Doo Doo, Doo Doo. AHHH!!

trapdoor11.jpg

That one? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

dlofnep wrote:
    Also, does anybody remember where you had to send a crisp into a show (could of been dj kat show, can't remember) without breaking it?

Also, how about the Fun Factory? It used to be on Sky 1 I think. All I remember from the theme song was "Welcome to the fun factory"! It was on around the same era as DJ Kat.

That about covers it for today.

The crisp one was the childrens channel (TCC)

The fun factory, didn't it have a crocodile on it for awhile too?? I used to watch lady lovely locks on it at like 6.30 on a Saturday morning!! (even got one for my birthday when I was 6!!)

dlofnep wrote:
    Anybody remember that game on the DJ Kat show where the person would call in and guide this character around the screen to gather bones or whatever it was they were collecting. One thing I never understood was why they kept screaming up or whatever direction they wanted to go like 6 billion times. I mean, logically all you would have to say was up, or down once.
    It was DJ Kat. The game was called "Kipper Tripper". I should know - I was on it! Back in December 1995 when I was 11 years old. Have it on a VHS tape somewhere, should really dig it out when I get the chance.

I managed to get 4 out of the 5 bones, won the blue sweatshirt.

The reason why you had to keep saying "up up up up, down down" etc is that the system would only move you one increment if you said the direction once. I was specifically told that by the rep on the other end. Although most people said it way more than necessary I'd say.

I applied for the show around March or April 1995. I didn't think anything was going to come out of it, but then on a Saturday evening in early December my mam told me that "Sky are on the phone!" I didn't believe her at first but when I answered the call it was them! They wanted me to go on the show the following Tuesday. Man it was nervewracking, I had to sit through all of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers waiting for the game to start. I was told to mute the TV before I came on air, the Sky One audio was sent down the phone.

I was disappointed that I didn't win everything but I still have some good memories of that day. The sweatshirt was sent first, the autographs followed a couple of days later. I still have everything I was sent, although I gave one of the autographs to my best friend.

Well here's some pics to prove that this isn't a load of waffle:

The sweatshirt
    The letter I got with the sweatshirt
    Envelope which contains the three autographs (I blanked out the house number of the address. I don't live there anymore but just decided to be safe.)
    Autograph (front)
    Autograph (back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Haha jaysus, that's great! it's good to see you still have them to this day. DJ Kat merchandise must be worth millions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Cool! You got all that, appeared on DJ kat, AND missed a day of school?
    Rofl@ "Man it was nervewracking, I had to sit through all of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers "
    I remember we used to be able to get DJ Kat red lollipops(big things, flat but adult hand size) from the Ice cream man :D

Was Jimmy Mallet on DJ Kat ? Also how come they dont have any more of them type programs, massive sets with lots of fun games, Mouse trap etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Was Jimmy Mallet on DJ Kat ? Also how come they dont have any more of them type programs, massive sets with lots of fun games, Mouse trap etc.

twas Twas Timmy Mallet my man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Jimmy, Timmy..

/Hits you on head with comedic sized sponge mallet.

Advertisement