Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetarion - A new start, a new alliance?

Options
  • 06-07-2000 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

hey guys-n-gals,
    With the current round of planetarion over and a new one starting, how about we all get together for an alliance?
    The ideas been brought up before in irc atleast, but I was wondering what other ppl thought of the idea?

Snaga

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Well have to think of a name that inspires fear in our enemies and makes them wee their pants.

ConBoardsium anyone? wink.gif

Snaga

I propose we call yourselves
    erm Space Cadets tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I call red leader. But I wanna be in Omega Squad! Mommy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

"We're Red Squad , and we can do anything" - Starfleet ponce
    Eh no , you got killed biggrin.gif

It's about a society in freefall....

• Advertisement

I remember that one

teach them not to attack a ship 30 times there size biggrin.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gael Force?

DeV.

I loikes it smile.gif
    Bring on the wrath of the beaufort scale wink.gif

Snaga

Sure I'd be up for joining a good strong alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I am up for that

We should have a sign on our name revealing this alliance.

Karnidge.ie par example

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

can any one get the planetarion site up?

Not yet

taught is was going back up today - maybe tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll be on for an alliance!

Gael Force sounds good too smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

just my morning sarcism (its very easy to be critical and i had a late nite) but how about the name we had on our galaxy

Nameless Blameless Shameless

join #planetarion.ie on
    irc.uk.planetarion.com smile.gif

Was just in there and there was no one there is there ever anyone there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i would, but the person running it would need to know what they are doing, and just recruiting any gob$hite from the boards cause they are irish isn't a good idea if you want to surive the first month.

show me your plans, let me think about it smile.gif

Butcher,

we havent even got that far. Ive only been playing a few weeks and only got involved in some minor skirmishes. This was just an idea to throw at ppl before the restart.

If anyone with experience with the game wants to head up this thing then post post POST! wink.gif

We would have to decide whether we are going to join up into seperate semi-autonomous 'cells' or have one big ginormous thing. But thatll be up to whoevers in charge and would have to be decided after most ppl are signed up, i.e. if 2 ppl are in the same galxy or cluster itd make sense to watch each others backs etc...

Snaga

has any 1 managed to sign up for the new season yet?

*quote*
    Server Down, Reset in Progress
    Our server is down while we are resetting and makig ready for the next round.
    Please check back for registration or news at 10.00 CET the 8th of July.

Also, feel free to visit the boards.

Planetarion Discussions Board

The Planetarion Team
    *end quote*

Just in case you cant read.

oh doh! wink.gif

Snaga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

A good way to run an offensive/defensive alliance is proper organisation. Preferably through IRC. Say one of us is attacked. Some of us sends fleets to defend, while others send fleets to make mince meat of the attackers planets

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

ok well how about all interested parties meet in that planetarion.ie channel on the planetarion irc network on saturday or sunday night and we'll try and nail down things like, name (I like dev's suggestion - Gael Force), and who would like to take certain positions.

Some suggestions,
    o No need to add any identifier to our nicks.
    o When we register we let each other know in irc what galaxies we are in, and pair ppl who are closer(same galaxy\cluster) into sub groups as they can get to each other quicker etc..

o Anything else we can come up with in irc.

Anyone who was doing pretty well in the last round who would like to take a leading role drop in and say so smile.gif

Snaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

I have been playing Planetarion since she was in beta not too long ago indeed

but I'd really love to see how you play to pull off an alliance where everybody is in different galaxies

aside from offencive group attacks

<incoming hostile fleet; eta 4 hrs>

ask for re-enforcements

< incoming friendly fleet ETA 8 hrs >

Gael Force - Weren't they an all-female Irish Group? :-)

Server Down, Reset in Progress
    CRITICAL UPDATE:
    We have decided to postpone the opening of the game due to some needed time to make sure the new features are all ready for the game. The new time for registering is now Monday Morning at 10.00 CET.

Our server is down while we are resetting and making everything ready for the next round.

Also, feel free to visit the boards.

Planetarion Discussions Board

The Planetarion Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

im in fer it, we should have our own channel and everything

With the new tech tree there are special technologies you can go for that exclude other techs. For eample....
    If you dont want the strongest defence you can get the fastest warp type, making travel anywhere at 2 hrs + the speed of the slowest ship.

We would have to get some ppl to go seperate routes, with fast action fleets for situations like that, and members who went a different tech route (better attack) could be used for our counter attacks.

Its a simple example but it could work once we keep in good contact with each other in irc. Ill see if i can find any more info on the tech tree and post a link to it here.

goto http://www.geocities.com/gegegwt/spinner.txt to find out some more. (Spinner is the creator of Planetarion)

Snaga

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 08-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HardKore

ye i would like to join your alliance snaga
    since last time you got me number things and you and your friend attacked me.How did you get them anyway were you looking at me when i was fixing my planet.....mmmmmm i'll never know.

[BSE]HardKore

[This message has been edited by HardKore (edited 10-07-2000).]

game has restarted....

are we going for an alliance?

• Advertisement

Im in.
    Gotta read the manual now.

--
    Yup Micro we'll give it a go smile.gif
    --

btw Im using a preliminary Alliance tag of [GF] for Devs suggestion of Gael Force.

Snaga

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 10-07-2000).]

Advertisement