Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmett Tinley

Options
  • 18-06-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

The Irish Jeff Buckley without a doubt. He's got some absolutely amazing songs, see "It hurts to lose you", "save" and "I want you"

For those less knowledge'd up about Tinley, he used to be the lead singer of a band called The Prayer Boat. And as many bands of the time, they were promised big things, but never made it (see the frames, the stunning, bellx1, the mary janes, etc etc)

Anyway, he's regrouped himself, and over the last 3 and a half years, he's written what I can only say is an absolute fantastic emotion filled solo record entitled "Attic Faith"

Do give him a listen, a definite jem.

Edit: Almost forgot, you can check out a gig he played in the paradiso in the netherlands on the 17th of jan this year: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/groups/index.jsp?groups=20980001

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'll back this.
    I saw him support (the equally wonderful) Kathleen Edwards in Whelans in March.
    A super voice and lot of people talking about him after the gig.
    Attic Faith has got amazing reviews in all the media I've seen.
    Amazing the amount of great talent out there at the moment...

just to let you know, Emmett Tinley will be playing the Electric Picnic on Saturday 3rd September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ali*

i'll back this one too! makes me wonder why james blunt is getting so much airplay while emmett has quite a similar sound, but probably more range.
    I suppose it's to do with accessability(my spelling's appalling, sorry) anyway, attic faith's worth a purchase, that's pretty much the point of this post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Just got the album today. Really liking it. Would like to see him live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

ali* wrote:
    makes me wonder why james blunt is getting so much airplay while emmett has quite a similar sound

he's like James Blunt? oh no I don't think thats a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

new album out from Emmett

amazing opening track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyW2kGlW2RM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I'll never forget this track. Bloody amazing stuff! Absolutely beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

thanks for the heads up. been a massive fan of his ever since the prayer boat days. was wondering where he'd gone to, thought he might have left music altogether. amazing talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Anyone know his complete discography?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

from what i know, the prayer boat had 2 albums called oceanic feelings and polichinelle, and tinley has two solo records, attic faith and this self named new one. there are more eps out there, just google it up. amazing talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Couldn't resist. I'm glad to say I've met this phenomenal musician a handful of times.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

for any fan out there who wants a free cd...

due to a mix up in Mass Recordings i have a spare copy of Emmetts eponymous latest album.... its an amazing album!

first to pm me with name and addy gets it.

:D

edit: done!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

got 'polichinelle' for the first time about couple of weeks ago and i must admit its a fantastic album... ahead of its time i think, it would sit very well today amidst a collection of elbow, beach house or xx even.

definitely the irish jeff buckley

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Angrybastard

No,no,no.
    I'm sorry, but I can find this guy's music lightweight and lyrics underwhelming.

The Prayer Boat were an awful band which I had the misfortune to see quite a few times.

Advertisement