Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis as an invesment

Options
  • 18-06-2005 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Approx 12 grand outlay for car and plate and anything from 150 euros a week from the driver you rent to if you want them to look after maintenance or upto 270 if oyu look after that and insurance.

Pretty straightforward eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Every taxi driver I know says it's a hard and tough job and that the money isn't great versus the hours and the **** you put up with.

Then again, it's a good retirement type jobbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

nesf wrote:

Then again, it's a good retirement type jobbie.

How so?

Fredser wrote:
    How so?

Work your own hours, be your own boss, etc etc.

*contemplates moving this to work*

It would probably get more attention over there, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

Nah leave it here Nesf ;) I meant as in buying the taxis and leasing them out, I wouldnt be driving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Good idea...rented one last year for about 4 months to see if I liked it. Don't listen to what you hear if you put in the hours you make the money. Will be buying one in september. Dr Cox would recommend you to buy a wheel chair access vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

banks aren't too eager to loan money for a taxi car.
    if getting a car loan for a taxi, typically, the bank will look for repayment over 3yrs and that would really cut into profits.
    if it's an investment you've got to seriously think about the depriciation on the vehicle and the cost of replacing it.
    it's certainly not a "no brainer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

garred wrote:
    Good idea...rented one last year for about 4 months to see if I liked it. Don't listen to what you hear if you put in the hours you make the money. Will be buying one in september. Dr Cox would recommend you to buy a wheel chair access vehicle.

Just out of interest, how would you go about renting a taxi and how much would it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

fintan wrote:
    Just out of interest, how would you go about renting a taxi and how much would it cost?
    I got mine for taxitaxi on the ncr (www.taxitaxi.ie).. It was €380 a week :eek:but at least you can try it and if you don't like it walk away. The price included insurance (however any damage up to 700 quid I was liable for) If you need any more info sure I'll do my best to help.

fintan wrote:

Buy one for anything from 8 to 12 grand and rent it in the Buy and Sell or Evening Herald etc

Any more thoughts on this?

• Advertisement

Don't bump threads when they are still on the front page of the forum please.

It's impolite etc etc.

The better way of bumping it is to do a post onto the thread giving more information or discussing some new aspect of the thread. Requires a little more effort but it's actually contributing to the thread.

In future I will just delete bumping entries and if people keep doing it I'll have to ban them. And I don't want to do that tbh, I prefer people to be chatting on here, etc.

Just put a little effort in or wait an appreciable lenght of time before doing it on here or any other forum that I mod.

Cheers. :)

Apologies ;)

Advertisement