Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraying MDF

Options
  • 17-06-2005 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of making an MDF unit to house all my audio-visual gear. I wanted to get a high gloss lacquer finish and was thinking of getting a car bodyshop to spray it for me. Is this feasible??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bitbuilder

Hi,

This is perfectly doable. you need to prime the MDF first with sealer and rub down between coats just like painting a car. If you use standard high gloss paint (like for wood, not cars) you will get a brilliant finish assuming the fellow spraying the paint knows what he is doing.

I've got pretty good results on MDF spraying with the aeorsol cans.

Les

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

If you are looking to get the spraying done, and you are based in Dublin, there is a place in Terenure that has a sign outside saying they spray wood. From what I can remember, it is near the small little vacuum cleaner repair shop (or at least that's what I think that place is), across from the church, on the left hand side of the road as you are heading towards Harolds Cross. I think I first heard them mentioned when I was in Woodworkers on Mount Tallant Avenue. I have never used them, but Woodworkers might be able to give an opinion on whether they are any good.

Advertisement