Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert Busses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

wow the ardgillan castle ones are expensive. €15!
    why would you pay thet much when you can just get the number 33?
    i know its going to be mad busy,but i smell a rip off.
    they are only charging €6 for marley park...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Casue feck all 33s run directly to Balbriggan from town, you'd have to get to swords and then get a 33A which takes 1 hour, so about 1.5 hours from the city centre.

Also the buses will be taking the motor way to Balrothery from town which will make the journey around 30 minutes.

Time is money.

wow you are right,it does go all over the countryside!
    i dont wanna pay €15 to get to it though,im only working at it :(

If you just want to get to it, and have a lift sorted home from it, then I suggest just getting the train to Balbriggan from Connolly Station, now there's a good service on a Sat and a "light" service on a Sunday.

Will take you around 15 to 20 minutes to walk from Balbriggan Staion to Ardgillan, head up the Skerries road towards the Lady Stairs, any local will point you in the way... they're not all bad.

Skerries station is a longer walk away.

Also you could try the 100 Bus Eireann from Store Street (one every half hour), takes about half an hour, 40 minutes. Get off at Balrothery.

Both train and bus are around 4 euro.

thanks Bluetonic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for the info, I'd emailed Dublin Bus asking for Oxegen info, but they never replied.

dudara wrote:
    Thanks for the info, I'd emailed Dublin Bus asking for Oxegen info, but they never replied.

"Ah the email will probably be along anytime now chief"

Actually, two emails will probably arrive in your inbox at the same time from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think part of the cost thing is having the return busses available when the concert finishes and the fact that seats are reserved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The 100 (and i think 101) from Busarus will cost you 6 euro (aprox) return... but you could also catch the 44 to Swords and then the 33a to Balbriggan rather than spending and hour and a half on the 33. Theres always the option of the train to Balbriggan,15-20 minute walk to the outskirts of Balbriggan (where i live) and then maybe 30 or so minutes walk to Barnageera and up by Ardgillan.

• Advertisement

Advertisement