Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ferrybank

Options
  • 16-06-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Moving to Ferrybank in a few weeks, and wondering how easy it is to get broadband in Ferrybank, bellefield area.

Not terribly interested in talking to errorcom, so is there any alternative?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whack wrote:
    Not terribly interested in talking to errorcom, so is there any alternative?

No chance of NTL afaik,
    After that all you'll be able to get is resold packages from Esat, UTV etc
    Forget about being able to get Smart or Esat Businness and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

i got the digiweb wireless broadband about a year ago, have not had an ounce of trouble with it (although i have heard some horror stories). Once i got it in disconnected the phone line as i never used it, so the money that was going to eircom pretty much paid for the the broadband. (www.digiweb.ie)

As far as i know pland to upgrade the exchnages for copper boradband is sometime in 2007, but could be corrected here.

Hope it helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you have a good Line Of Sight to the Ard Rì hotel then you will be able to get IBB Breeze, 2mb synchronous package (thats 2024down 2024 up).

As for DSL, I'd recommend BT at the moment, their 2mb package including line rental is €57. ( https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbroadbandPlus )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

I havent heard too many good things about BT, but i will look into it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Whack wrote:
    I havent heard too many good things about BT, but i will look into it, thanks.

Have you actually contacted NTL about Bellfield? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement