Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REM- 10 years on

Options
  • 16-06-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm gettin really excited about going to see REM on Sunday - I really enjoyed the Point gig but I can't wait for the outdoor event on Sunday. I think i'll be reminising of the Monster tour and Slane 1995- I san't believe its been 10 years - so just wondering are there many more like me ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Wouldn't mind seeing them as i got two tickets

but cant find someone to go with, that likes them

so going sell them i guess

but should be a good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *me*

Surely it would not be too hard to twist someones arm to go along with you; especially as you already have tickets. IMHO REM are an amazing band with legendary status and they may not make it back for a few years.

I heard Michael speaking to Tom Dunnr on Pet Sounds last night and he mentioned that they would be including some older tunes- so even if however you go with is not up to date with the newer music I'm sure they'd recognise some older songs. I'm looking forward to a different set from that played in Feb. The scene is set for an amazing gig- a group of talented musicians that have been making fab music for 20+ years, a unique vocalist & lyricist, an interesting new venue and a beautiful summer evening (ok the last part in not definite but i'm an optimist!)

So even if its by yourself why not go along, REM fans are a friendly breed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

love REM, but just dont feel like going on Sunday.

Saw them in Landsdown Road (was it around 5 years ago?) and in Marley Park 2 years ago.. great gig!

Maybe on Saturday I'll come round and get tickets... if still available! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *me*

Me thinks the Lansdowne gig was Summer of 99!
    I missed Marley Park- but am making up for it this year
    I think there are tickets left and also a few people looking to sell at discount on boards so you could get to see them for a bargain!

Advertisement