Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting up front at U2!

Options
  • 16-06-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

So how long do you think one would have to queue on the Saturday to secure a place among the first 4,000 ppl who will be in the "front area"?

They're not doin a small "pit" type thing, and they're not doing the random ticket selection thing that they did in the US. Dont really wanna queue for ages tbh, but would be nice to be up front.

Also, they've changed some support acts, Radiators are now Fri, and Paddy Casey is now Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hmm, thats odd.
    I thought they'd do the random ticket thing here too.
    A mad queue is never good for safety reasons...
    Is that on the official site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

What no Paddy Casey? Radiators??? WTF?

Gotta say I liked the random ticket selection theat they had in the States. For safety reasons no one will be allowed que up before 9. Are you a U2.com member? Judging by the forum there, lots of die hard fans will be there at nine. I personally wont have a hope of getting in the first 4k. That system is only on trial as far as I know, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll change it for crocker. I know people were pushin for U2 members to be allowed in first, I know it isn't fair but it would suit me!

whiskeyman wrote:
    Is that on the official site?

It sure is but may be changed. They are only trying it out. The European leg is only a week old tomorrow isn't it?

HA! Quoting some guy from the Zootopia forum:-

Took my wife and 2 kids, 7 and 9 years old, was offered wrist bands by a dodgy security chap for £5 each, snapped his hand off, got right to the front of the outside of the catwalk, next to a group of ladies from Greece.
    Crowd very supportive of us, kids and all and this was thier first concert.

I'd pay him!! Come to think of it my brother is working security...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

Goin to the Saturday show... Delighted to find out about the change in the support acts. Can't wait as I am a big Paddy Casey fan aswel.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Guys I was at the Manchester gig on Tuesday. By an absolute fluke I managed to get in with my GF. I don't know if it's going to be the same for croker, but what they did here was to operate a turnstile system where they let say 1000 in at the start, then stop. About an hour later, do the same, and then about 45 mins before u2 come on stage let another flake of people in.

On your way out you're given a wristband to get back in.

My only advice would be to wait by the turnstile for as long as it takes. :)

queuing at 9am is madness. But then again i did queue at slane at 6am. Well worth it in the end! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Nope, I'm not a subscriber of the site, so I didn't know what fans were planning, but queueing at 9 is not gonna happen for me. However, I have some pre-sale tickets, (my uncle is a subscriber :D ), so I guess I'll just hope that they change the system before next weekend, or even change it to what they did in Manchester.

If worse comes to worse, we can always hope for a dodgy security guard who's willling to make a few quid from punters who wanna get up front. There's always a few hanging around, my mates have used their services at Oxegen etc. Guess things could be different for a gig this big though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Pit is massive, stretched to almost the half way line at the center in Manchester, if you queue for a couple of hours before gates open you should be guaranteed of getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Check this pic I got at Manc gig.

Its worth getting in I tells ya! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The second night in Manchester didnt use any wristbands.
    The first 5,000 people were left into the pit,held there for 30 minutes then stamped on the hand if they wanted to leave.
    If you queued for 1 hour you got into the pit which is reasonable.
    I expect it to be alot longer at Croke Park as the freaks will be in large supply.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I was in the Elipse in Brussles last Friday . Bloody Brilliant ..

Folks , This show is amazing ..

Some of my Photos ...

Photos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

who is supporting on the monday night does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

who is supporting on the monday night does anyone know?
    Ash and the Bravery (New York band similar to the Killers)
    Two very good bands
    Best support night by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ash and the Bravery (New York band similar to the Killers)
    Two very good bands
    Best support night by far.

Excellent!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

great stuff.thats a very good lineup to support them.i just checked u2.com to see anyway.pretty happy with that.

thanks

Advertisement