Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRC pistol range reopened

Options
  • 15-06-2005 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Heard MRC's pistol range is open to all again since last Saturday. Hope to see you all there this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Just rang them.Seems it is still up in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

cantona wrote:
    Spoke to a member and he shot on it last Saturday,seems like they are spouting B(*&T. My source is 100% reliable and he definitely used it,in fact he was the first person to shoot on it last Saturday. What is the story Oldzed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

cantona wrote:

Typical of MRC , no information given to their members and only the chosen few able to use the range , the sooner another range opens up the better . What is it with that club ? Even the members give out about the way that it is run . :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Was down there today.Range is quasi open, i.e tell them you are using it dont ask them.

cantona wrote:
    Was down there today.Range is quasi open, i.e tell them you are using it dont ask them.

What is the story with them down there , why dont they just open the range ?
    Its always the same in MRC they dont tell their members anything , and the rest of the shooting community even less . Is the range open or not ? and if not , whats the hold up ? , personally I think that it is time that the members stood up to the "Committee" and got some answers , after all we all pay our membership fees , but the range has more restrictions now than ever , and less ranges to shoot on ... and they call themselves the National Shooting club... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

come on lads , whats going on ???

can someone from the MRC Committee reply ? :mad:

• Advertisement

Ammoman wrote:
    What is the story with them down there , why dont they just open the range ?
    Its always the same in MRC they dont tell their members anything , and the rest of the shooting community even less . Is the range open or not ? and if not , whats the hold up ? , personally I think that it is time that the members stood up to the "Committee" and got some answers , after all we all pay our membership fees , but the range has more restrictions now than ever , and less ranges to shoot on ... and they call themselves the National Shooting club... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

come on lads , whats going on ???

can someone from the MRC Committee reply ? :mad:

2 Days now , and no reply from MRC , whats wrong , No Bottle ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You are of course presuming that there are members of the comittee reading this board.

Lighten up a bit willya. Don't take it all so seriously.

civdef wrote:
    You are of course presuming that there are members of the comittee reading this board.

Lighten up a bit willya. Don't take it all so seriously.

I know for a fact that there are committee members that read this forum , and comment on it regularly , i have heard them in the office in MRC .

lighten up !

I dont know if you are a member of MRC but those of us that are, are tired of being treated like S**t , We have paid our membership fees and have supported the club as much as possible and we only ask to be treated properly , and advised of whats going on . Nobody likes putting money into a membership and then nothing else happens , or when you ask to use the State of the Art range :rolleyes: you are told that is is closed . then later you find out that some people are allowed to use it , but you are not . Personally i dont think that is fair to the members , Do You ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You're not getting my point.

You place a post on this thread demanding a reply from a committee member, then just two days (and forty minutes!) later, reply to it yourself saying they have "no bottle" by not replying yet. This ignores the fact that, for one thing two days isn't a very long period of time, and that secondly an individual board member may not fancy identifying themselves here by answering as a comittee member. They might even point to the anonymous nature of the questioner.

Would you not be better off addressing these issues at club meetings or in person with those involved? You'd probably get a lot more result than you would here.

I'm a member too, and anytime I have a query I either ask it in person or over the phone. Funnily enough, this approach works for me...

civdef wrote:
    You're not getting my point.

You place a post on this thread demanding a reply from a committee member, then just two days (and forty minutes!) later, reply to it yourself saying they have "no bottle" by not replying yet. This ignores the fact that, for one thing two days isn't a very long period of time,

2 Days should be long enough , How long have the members been kept in the dark about the pistol range over 4 months , other issues have been taken up at meetings and in person , its hard to get answers from the back of jims head , as he walks away from difficult questions . the members are looking for answers but the committee just ignores us. I wont be surprised when i dont get a reply to this thread from the committee, because thats how they deal with us . :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I can very easily (and very precisely) understand how you feel Ammoman, that's exactly the situation that we've had with the NRPAI for donkey's years, but even with the best intent in the world, two days is somewhat short notice for anyone to answer on behalf of a club.

That said, one of the reasons for creating this forum was to allow exactly that kind of dispersal of information between head office and ordinary members, but there's a mindset in Irish shooting (and has been for years, with an understandable motivation even if it was completely the wrong tack to have taken) that you have to keep the head down, keep it all quiet, and not let anyone know what's happening lest they use it against you. It is changing, but it will take time for that mindset to disperse, and it's not a change that you can use blunt force trauma to bring about (believe me, if I thought a shovel to someone's rear end would do the job, I'd have done it by now :D ).

I'd say give the MRC chairman a phone call to get an answer. And then post it up here :D

OK 10 days now and still no response , i cant get an answer or contact JP or Jim . You see Civdef , the members of MRC are treated like mushrooms , Kept in the dark and fed on S**t...

The committee / management see themselves above everyone else , there are definite dillusions of grandure present , they are fully aware of the way that the members are not happy with the way we are treated , and i have conformation that they have access to boards , by at least one of them being a member , and yet we still cannot get an answer . They must realise that they cannot continue to treat us like this , they will have no members very soon if this attitude continues , but maybe thats what they want ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

I am totally with you on this one Ammo man! I stopped going to midland around 18 months ago because it was an absolute joke... :mad:

You get there and everything is geared up to the "elite few" (you know who they are) who shoot there and its feck everybody else... :mad: :mad:
    I had a row with Jim just before I left because I had seen a person selling a rifle and letting the buyer test fire the rifle (around 20 rounds) on the range when he did not have a Firearms cert for that rifle, but because the person selling the rifle is a “friend” then it was no problem, I had been down the previous week with my brother in law who wanted to take up target shooting and I wanted to let him have a go, but I was nearly lynched by jim and p.j and got a warning!!!

Who in there right minds puts in a range and does not put butts into it!!! I mean it just doesn’t make any sense....... so if you go against the grain and try to shoot a iron sighted target rifle (with Jim standing behind you making sure you don’t shoot somebody because you are obviously not responsible to have a full bore rifle) you cant see your bullet holes after around 200 yards, so what’s the point!

I mean it just really got on my wick that this place is supposed the premier full-bore range in the south and they act like amateurs… I wouldn’t mind if they only charged you a couple of euro every year, but I think my last annual membership free was around €300.00 odd for the year!!!

So I called it a day and left and went to comber rifle club outside Belfast and we do are shooting in ballykindler (just outside Newcastle Co Down)… its class!!!!

So my advice for anybody who lives in my area (Meath, Dublin, Louth) is to travel and go to ballykindler where you will experience great people and a great days shooting..

Bernard

bernard93 wrote:
    I am totally with you on this one Ammo man! I stopped going to midland around 18 months ago because it was an absolute joke... :mad:

You get there and everything is geared up to the "elite few" (you know who they are) who shoot there and its feck everybody else... :mad: :mad:
    I had a row with Jim just before I left because I had seen a person selling a rifle and letting the buyer test fire the rifle (around 20 rounds) on the range when he did not have a Firearms cert for that rifle, but because the person selling the rifle is a “friend” then it was no problem, I had been down the previous week with my brother in law who wanted to take up target shooting and I wanted to let him have a go, but I was nearly lynched by jim and p.j and got a warning!!!

Who in there right minds puts in a range and does not put butts into it!!! I mean it just doesn’t make any sense....... so if you go against the grain and try to shoot a iron sighted target rifle (with Jim standing behind you making sure you don’t shoot somebody because you are obviously not responsible to have a full bore rifle) you cant see your bullet holes after around 200 yards, so what’s the point!

I mean it just really got on my wick that this place is supposed the premier full-bore range in the south and they act like amateurs… I wouldn’t mind if they only charged you a couple of euro every year, but I think my last annual membership free was around €300.00 odd for the year!!!

So I called it a day and left and went to comber rifle club outside Belfast and we do are shooting in ballykindler (just outside Newcastle Co Down)… its class!!!!

So my advice for anybody who lives in my area (Meath, Dublin, Louth) is to travel and go to ballykindler where you will experience great people and a great days shooting..

Bernard

Bernard ,

You are not on your own there , i have heard of numerous , similar experiances , nobody ( the members) are happy , when you go to relax and shoot , you end up being stressed out . The atmosphere in MRC is too tense , the members are afraid to move and if you say anything to Jim or JP you get a warning ... thats not what we all joined for , the facility is excellent , nobody denies that but if you cant relax , whats the point in going there .

who gave MRC the title of National Shooting ground ? from what I can find out they are not affiliated to any Irish governing bodies , personally i think that they think they are above having to affiliate to anyone , and that all the governing bodies should affiliate to them . Now theres a dangerous thought ...

Basically I think that they need a wake up call , maybe if no one renewed their memberships this year , they might take notice...

this is it ammoman!

people like us spend a lot of money to go shooting and obviously love doing it, but when ever you go down there i found that towards the end of my tenure there guys would stand around and be chatting about how unhappy they are!! :(

to be honest i just got fed up with the whole midland thing i would find it hard to go anywere near the place again... its just a waste of time!

bernard

bernard93 wrote:
    this is it ammoman!

people like us spend a lot of money to go shooting and obviously love doing it, but when ever you go down there i found that towards the end of my tenure there guys would stand around and be chatting about how unhappy they are!! :(

to be honest i just got fed up with the whole midland thing i would find it hard to go anywere near the place again... its just a waste of time!

bernard

I couldnt agree more , I dont think that I will be renewing my membership this year either , the sooner some other range opens up the better , even if it is only a 100yd range , as long as it isn't run like MRC .

I reckon that if the Committee knew who i was , I wouldnt be allowed to renew anyway :D:D Thats the normal reaction to criticism down there anyway....

ammo man pm me and i can forward you all the information you need for shooting up north in ballykindler!! i just hope you not living in the midlands or further south cause it will be some drive up!!!

but it is grat fun we shoot 200,300,500,600 yards and it is run very well, you shoot take turns in butts and shoot again!! its a whole day thing with a break for lunch!!

bernard!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gun Shy

With the Midlands getting the official go ahead last friday we can now set our sights on providing IPSC Basic and Competition Courses for the first time down South.

its nice of the midlands to notify their members before you .... , Typical of MRC yet again treat the members with contempt at every turn .

this must be the 3rd or 4th time that they have got the official go ahead , I think that you should confirm the fact before you plan to arrange use of the range....

From a message in IPSC thread .

And still no response from MRC , their contempt for their members is showing in the attendance on the range.....

Advertisement