Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh boy what a day!

Options
  • 15-06-2005 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

I logged on around 4 o'clock and proceeded to refresh my cashier page, lovely I think to myself.

So i decide to hit the tables but with some added excitement of a 2/4 table along with the 3 other 50/1 tables.

3rd hand in I get AKs on the bb there are no callers so far at this point I am thinking if I raise will the blinds just fold, so I flat call.

The bb puts in a $20 raise, I flat call again.

The flop comes AK2 Rainbow, the bb bets 120, I go all in for 300 in total, which he matches. I was sure he did not have 22 and at best he had AK i felt , from the three hands I played at the table he raised all three pots.

He flips over 99, turn 9, o.k balls but I have still have outs, river 9 :) $600 pot and the mug darts off the table.

Ah well, back to the 50/1 tables with me (while looking back in disgust over my shoulder, thinking, how could he call on that flop :))

So down 300 after around 2 minutes play, not a good start needless to say!

It's been quite some time since I have lost a buy in especially one for $300

around ten minutes later i am dealt AA on the bb. when it gets around to me the player to my right raises $8 so I double it, he pushes I call.......

Turns over KK rivers a K, i shrug my shoulders and reload. $400 down (hold on a minute this is what I should be trying to earn in a day not lose it!!)

Right after this hand i look up to the top right hand corner and see 88 in late position, I flat call and four people see the flop. which come....

K83 two diamonds Mmmmm not so nice a flop for a set. so I check this one and the button puts in an $8 bet, I think for a while and I make it 32, he then min raises me again, I push he calls... flips over AKo

turn Jd, river 5d. he was holding Ad. o.k so that's 500 down for the day, woah things are not looking pretty.

Over the next hour I start loosening up a little and on all three tables I trickle away $90 in total making stupid calls, I quickly sense tilt creeping up and head for the kitchen to make food and I watch some T.V for an hour while thinking over the hands.

I come back refreshed but peeved at Holdem and sit down at the Omaha table 1/2 6 seater and decide to play the rock.

I wait patiently for the nuts taking down big pots here and there, I Only sat down with $100 still slightly shaken from the 600 loss.

I am now leaving the table with an $800 stack and logging off for the night.

Boy oh boy, it's been some time since I have had a national day of bad beats like this in so many key pots.

$100 profit, alot of rake paid and a harsh reminder of the bad beats that occur in poker.

Time for a dvd and reflection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ahh well, at least you won it back and made $100 for your troubles, it's rough though when you think about what could or should have been potentially made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I had a good day yesterday, yesterday was the day that ability spat in the face of luck before stamping all over it.

$25 STT; AA gets outdrawn by KJo leaving me with just 250 chips left 6 hands in...I went on to win the table

$25 STT; AK beaten by KQ leaving me shortstacked, I manage to get my stack back above average when KK gets cracked by 99 leaving me the short stack on the table. Again I bounce back to win the table

$25 STT; having seen AQ beaten by T9s, and then having JJ beaten by ATo. I managed to rally and slowplay a couple of hands to bring me back to heads up. In the last hand I raised preflop with 72o, was called and saw a flop of 772, checked and my opponent went all-in. I called he had AK and I won that table!

$15 STT; With 5 players left I only had 300 in chips with the blins at 50-100. Some aggresive play with such monsters as 89 and JT sooooted brought me back into the game, I started betting every reasonable hand preflop and the two times I was called I was holding AA and TT and both held up. Finished 2nd in the end when my AKs was all-in against 55 and didn't improve.

$2K guaranteed $20 rebuy, top 9 paid; No rebuys so I just topped up. With 16 players left I had 70K in chips and my nearest opponent had 32K, that's when it started to go wrong. First up I'm on the button and the guy before me goes all-in for 28K, I have AKs and call, he turns over AQ and hits a Q on the flop. I'm down to 42K, next hand I get KK and raise to 6K, another player goes all-in for another 11K and I call, he turns over ATs and hits an A. I'm down to 25K, and suddenly might not make the money. A8s on the next hand costs me another 6K and now I've less than 20K left and with 12 players still in the tourney I'm shortstack...how did that fcuking happen??!! I made two good calls for over half my chips in the next 10 hands and eventually went out 7th when 99 went up against AKo and the flop came down AKA.

All in all, a fairly profitable day. I ended the day up over $350 despite getting some really bad beats along the way. maybe the tide is turning a little...

Sorry Samba, but I thought it would make a nice change for me to give a positive story for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Samba wrote:
    Holdem - 600
    Omaha +700

Had you stayed clear of that two card lark you would have been up 700!

Advertisement