Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dryer on washing machine

Options
  • 15-06-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Just a quick query this time....

I want to put a dishwasher in my utility room, but there's no space. Can I stack a condensor clothes dryer on a washing machine to make room, and if so what steps would I need to take to secure it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭db

I've done this with no problems. The dryer is on a worktop with the washing machine underneath. Not sure if the dryer can go directly on top of the washing machine. The shop you are buying from should be able to advise, otherwise check the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

You can purchase a stacking kit for your Make/Model washing machine, but saying that I have had a condensor dryer on top of my washing machine for some years now without any kit and it hasn't budged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

If you construct a small shelf support to go over the bottom machine(supporting the top machine), ie a sturdy thick bit of wood attached to the wall with supports taking the strian should do fine, do not stack said machines on top of each other or your in for a vibrating nightmare!

Advertisement