Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy new integrated fridge

Options
  • 15-06-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

recently had an electrolux integrated fridge freezer put in as part of new kitchen.
    makes noise for around 5-6 hours a day. It is installed backing onto a stud wall into the sitting room and it is very loud in there. got the 'engineer' out and he said noise was normal. claimed he could not even hear it in the sitting room.
    i would expect the fridge to come on for a few minute perhaps after being left open for a while and then for a few minutes a couple of times a day but this is basically making the sitting room unusable unless the tv is on to drown out the noise.

the old free standing fridge backed onto the same wall and was never an issue.

anyone come across this before? any advice before i try to get some joy from the shop i bought it off (not expecting much there...) ? is this normal behaviour?

Advertisement