Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Cisco courses - any good?

Options
  • 14-06-2005 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to enrol on a Cisco CCNA ICND on-line course with FAS. Anybody used them? If so what is the general opinion on the quality of the course. Thanks all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

I am about to do the same thing now, I also wonder if there's any use for that, will I even get a job and if yes will it be paid at least over minimum bloody wage?

Any information whatsoever is valuable to me

thanks for all replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Heh pretty old thread. I don't know about the FAS course myself but I'll leave this open in case anyone has anything useful to offer about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm doing the ICND at the moment. I have no intention of sitting the exam at the present time. I find the course very poor. The application is horribly slow and cumbersome.

I am not sure if I would attempt the exam with this material alone. I would seriously look into other study material also to supplement the ecollege, like the CBT nuggets or something similar.

I for one would never do another course through the ecolllege.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had a look at the FAS site.

http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=48351_3&REQUEST=WWW_JS_TRAIN_SHOWCOURSES&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_TRAIN_CRITERIUM_SELECT.HTM

If you look you will see a couple of Cisco courses in Waterford and Dublin. Might be worth looking into the tutor support.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭samdeluxjones

hey all

i've applied for the fas cisco course about a month back, but have not heard a thing from them since and its supposed to be starting in 2 weeks.

the girl in the office is sketchy about the details because it's new and subbed out to an independent crowd.

anyone else apply for same course or similar new fas courses have any info on them?

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

I am doing the ecollege, but haven't sat down the exma yet , I am not ready yet. But I find the ecollege pretty sufficient and I think it's very good. And you must realise that the software provided by ecollege is not created by ecollege but by CISCO so there is everything you need to know and besides if you work full time apart from that it's the best altenative.

Advertisement