Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Vs Online Tournament Play

Options
  • 14-06-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Do you play a different live tournament game to your online tournament game? If yes, how and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I haven't played many live tournaments but the ones I do play in, I play alot tighter as I tend to get bored easier playing online. Whereas live there's more of an atmosphere while playing so you're not completely bored when you've folded UTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yeah I dance around the living room if I get a good hand...but I find that its a bit of a tell when I play live, so tend to avoid it :D

But really, i think I play a lot tighter in live games, compared to on-line

D..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Dont concentrate near as much online, generally due to the fact that I'd be watching TV, playing Champ Manager or surfing at the same time. I'd probably play tighter in the earlier stages of an online tourney than live, but thats prob down to more hands being dealt online reducing the neccesity to limp with marginal hands. Still adjusting to online tbh, as I learnt and have played longer live. Probably too agressive in later tourney stages online. I'd do a bit of shouting while playing Omaha online as well, coupled with my Omaha dance™, reserved for large pots. Gonna rock that in the Fitz one night soon......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

whats the differnce.

i care about live tourneys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Mark J

Juan Pablo wrote:
    I'd probably play tighter in the earlier stages of an online tourney than live

i`d be the opposite.
    really tight from the outset and looser as i progress.

play the same live as online.

STT tables low stakes, i can be quite flahoola!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

The reason I asked (although I dont' have much live experience) I definitely have been playing tighter. I guess I will adapt the more live tournaments I play. I couldn't believe a fold I made in Dublin with a straight draw. I was sitting there knowing he had a big hand and was worried about the effective odds of calling and seeing the turn, I folded and another player came with him. He had a set but never improved and the turn would have brought me my straight. That hand really made me realise I don't play live tournament with enough balls. I should be much looser. One thing I do a lot in online tournament is take risks to get a stack to go deep particularly with flush draws. I haven't been doing that in live tournaments at all so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I think because when you're face to face with someone, and physically parted with money, it's a whole different ballgame. Whereas online, its just a click of a mouse- almost like online banking. I dont mind paying my bills online, but it takes a lot to get me to go into a post office and pay my bills with cash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Hi Guys,

I love playing live games, but I do play a lot tighter and with less balls. Even fold on good hands and never go all in.

I think its to do with the personal element of the game and also the effert you go to play in a live game, parking etc.

Online can also get very boring.

Advertisement