Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remember me

Options
  • 14-06-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

When in times of lonliness,
    when u feel all alone,
    do you think itll happen
    that you,ll pıck up the phone,and
    Remember me?

When everyone has left you,
    and youre not ın the crowd,
    do you thınk theyll lısten,
    ıf you shout out loud, and suddenly
    Remember me?

When the world ıs agaınst you,
    No-one on your sıde,
    wıll you creep into your shadow,
    fall back and hide,or
    Remember me?

When I get famous,
    lookıng down on what I own,
    Surrounded by people,
    never alone-
    Wıll I remember you???

I wrote this poem when İ felt lonely cos thıs person was beıng a total prıck to me and i thought they were my frıend. I have found out that that person doesnt fıt ınto my lıfe, and so, ı doubtıll remember them. but comments and crıtıcısm ıs always nıce...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

simple but nice. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I like line thirteen and fourteen, but in the last few lines, you could be surrounded by people all your life and still feel like you sitting in the middle of the antartic on the shortest day of the year.

I suppose, but I guess I was surrounded by people and happy with life, knowing that you are loved and wanted by people who care, that was kind of the feeling i was getting through.

not at-tall (wex thing)
    you come off really snotty in that last verse...

• Advertisement

oh shuddupayaforva...(waterford thing)
    Well I was trying to put the point across that I was better off in life without the person in it, and if that makes me sound snotty, i'm sorry..

Well you didn't really put that accross, it sounds like your saying "I'm famous your not, I'm better than you and You don't matter to my life" as if your remembering them but looking down your nose at them.

Meh...that was kind of it when i wrote the poem, but then again that person is like that nearly 24/7 ( And no, its not *him*)

The prostitue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

This isn't IRC, or the girl's toilets.

Take it to private messages if you want to type large amounts of nothing at eachother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

I hear that.

And that last verse? I laughed, sorry to say. Even if you had some kind of golden-ticket guarantee of future fame, it still comes off as churlish and self-regarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

that really struck a chord with me cause of something im going through right now.really nice i liked it a lot

wow thanks speedway. i gues itas pretty much about getting over a lost friendship or relationship, wondering if you will affect the other persons life or in the end, will they affect yours. good luck with your situation.

Advertisement