Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question - what to do with unwanted soil

Options
  • 14-06-2005 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi again, I recently put down a patio - thanks to all who offered adivce on this forum, it was a big help - and now I have a big pile of soil which I need to get rid of. Soil isn't good enough to use for planting so it's no good to anyone for that and there's not enough of it to justify hiring a skip (€350 to hire). Anyone got any suggestions for somewhere to dispose of this soil, if possible where it can be of benefit to someone?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

put an ad in the buy and sell "free to take away" section.somebody might want it to fill in a hollow in thier garden or something like that.Even if the soil isnt suitable for gardening it can always have compost added to enrich it so all is not lost and somebody might take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

might be able to get rid of it for free in the ballyogan recycle centre - garden waste is free if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

Consider using it to vary the levels in your garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Do you know any farmers ? they might have a hole somewhere you could throw it. If not go somewhere where they are putting in a new lawn or garden and offer them the soil they might take off you.

Regards netwhizkid

Advertisement