Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site Entrance

Options
  • 14-06-2005 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Looking for some advice, and/or constructive criticism on my plan for our site entrance.

Due to the geography of the area, and planning restrictions, our driveway slopes down from the road. We are at the bottom of a hill, and all rain water from the road for about 100m each way runs into our driveway.

The attached image (don't get jealous KadMan) shows the set-up, and what i plan to do. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, it would be much appreciated. Particularly, I am wondering about the kerb at the road edge. I was going to lay it on its back, in concrete, and build up a concrete back, to prevent movement as any vehicles drive in, and put pressure against it.

Thanks.

I JUST REALISED, I DUNNO HOW TO POST THE PICTURE :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

This is an idea of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

Would have to look in more detail, but id say its a good idea, you can purchase small concrete halfpipe drains that could be layed in front of your garden channelling the water to the nearest drain, is that a viable option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yeah, cheers.

I actually picked some up about 30mins ago.
    Not cheap, €205 for 5 meters, plus VAT!!

But better that than a flood every time God wrings out his socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

Defo not cheap man, but once it works thats the main thing

Advertisement