Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check, Check out my melody

Options
  • 13-06-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

"Check, Check out my melody"

Who is it that says that?
    It's been anoying me since i heard 50 cent say it in his song.

I'm thinking Dilated Peoples for some reason but cant place the lyrics in any of their songs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

was it rakim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Eric B & Rakim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Really!

I wouldnt have taught it was them, dont listen to it much but it is good.

What song do you know?

EDIT: should have looked at botha lbum sfirst, obviously its "My Melody".
    Which also isnt the song im thinking of :(

What ever it was was more catchy or something, hard to explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

"My Melody" by Eric B and Rakim from the classic Paid in Full album. I urge anyone who hasn't got this album to check out arguably the greatest rapper and lyricist of them all. His comebacks have never quite lived up to it but back in 1987 and for many years after he was the real deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

The fact that some people i know thought it was actually limp bizkit gave me dispair for humanity, ignorance is a terrible thing, anyone that listens to any sort of Rap/Hip-Hop should have Paid In Full.

• Advertisement

paid in full was out so long ago most people probably remember it from limp bizkit than they do rakim, knowing who said it first means nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yup Rakim's 'My Melody',the rapper that created New York rap as we know it today,fluid and literate.Nas,50 and dozens of other New Yord rappers were infleunced by this guy.

Kristok wrote:
    paid in full was out so long ago most people probably remember it from limp bizkit than they do rakim, knowing who said it first means nothing at all.

Yes it does, its says a whole lot about you and your respect for the founders of the genre that you claim to listen to.

ubu wrote:
    Yes it does, its says a whole lot about you and your respect for the founders of the genre that you claim to listen to.

No it dosnt. It means you either where around when it came out or you heard about it somewhere, it dosnt mean a damn thing other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok so it was limp bizkit i prob heard it of.
    Erick B & Rakim are excellent.

• Advertisement

Kristok wrote:
    No it dosnt. It means you either where around when it came out or you heard about it somewhere, it dosnt mean a damn thing other than that.

I was 3 when it came out, i heard about it because it represents a milestone in the genre of Hip-Hop and is an essential album for anyone into Hip-Hop and i have respect for and interest in any such albums, if you thought 50 cents or The Games favourite rapper was Fred Durst then that says alot about you and what you classify as a rapper, also as much as i dislike 50 cent, i think i can give him more credit than thinking Fred Durst was his favourite rapper.

So knowing who said it first represents more than just knowledge of chronological order of releases, it relates to your knowledge of the music and appreciation for the greats of the genre, something which you obviously don't have.

get over yourself mr hiphop almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

And on that note, thread locked.
    OP got his answer this thread has served its purpose.
    Less of the bickering please folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement