Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a wireless network card?

Options
  • 13-06-2005 3:43pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mine just went spang and I could really do with one for Vegas. In fact if anyone has a spare laptop with Firewire I'd be your bestest mate for life (and obviously underwrite the equipment!).

Just a thought before I have to go splash cash I dont really have :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

when are you going DeV? I've a spare PCIMIA card in the house if it's any use to you.

It's one of the Zxyel ones that BT give out with their broadband connection, I got two at the time.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not going for another week so getting a loan of that would be sweeet, thanks Iago.
    Do you (or anyone) know if theres a USB <-> FireWire connector?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't have a spare laptop, but have a Dell mini-pci wireless card if that's any use to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Dev,
    Get a dual USB/Firewire PCMCIA card. This will give you both USB and Firewire interfaces to your (or borrowered!) laptop. Any sort of Firewire <> USB would be a complete waste of time for speed differences. You should be able to pick one up in any decent Computer store.
    Sorry, I have none to spare - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

I tried to get a USB>firewire yolkamebob a while ago and was told that they don't exist....you can however get a firewire>USB doohickey from apple....

Nic

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I just need it to suck video from the vcr to the laptop (which has USB). I've found one way to do it but I'm just looking for alternatives. Thanks for the help so far guys, knew I could count on people here!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I have 802.11b cards coming out of my ears here. The Orinoco ones are good, I've plenty of them. Let me know.

Advertisement