Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost share certificate

Options
  • 13-06-2005 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

I intend in selling some of the shares I own but Ive just realised I dont know where my share certificate is! A couple of years ago there was a bonus issue of 1:1 and I have the certificate pre-BI but not the one I recieved after.

I presume if I just contact the companies office that I can get it re-issued but does anyone know how long it will take to get the cert re-issued? Or is there a better way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Contact the company or your broker,
    You will need to sign an indemnity form and will then be issued with a new cert.

Do do attempt to sell the shares until this is sorted out!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Probably best to contact the Companies Registrar directly rather than the company itself, as they are the ones that would deal with this. It does depend on the Registrar as to how long it would take, but usually about 10 working days would be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boa-constrictor

They'll prob charge you 50 squid for the pleasure.

Its unlikely you'd be so lucky, but if there was a share split you get a new cert without even asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 legaleagle

Dont worry, if you loose your cert, all you need to do is give an appropriate indemnity to any purchaser of your shares that you havent encumbered the cert (.ie tried to use it as security.

dont contact the CRO, its the company secretary that deals with these things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

legaleagle wrote:
    dont contact the CRO, its the company secretary that deals with these things

Certainly don't contact the CRO, but the company who acts as Registrar for the company in question. Most companies websites will have this info in the investor relations part (if they have this) on the website.
    I would not bother with the Company Secretary as they will only direct you to the registrar to get this done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Thanks folks.

I rang the registrar and I just have to write into them requesting the letter of indemnity. However she did say there would be a 46 euro charge which I would like to avoid.

Anyone any ideas on how I could? Bar tearing my room up and down looking for the original cert? If I sell through a broker can I just tell them that I havnt encumbered the shares? Will they just take my word for it?

Advertisement