Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride ... at the plumbing suppliers!!

Options
  • 13-06-2005 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Will be ordering some plumbing gear soon and don't want to look like a :confused: at the counter.

Specifically I am ordering a hot water cylinder which is fine because I know exactly what type I need, but what are the connections to the cylinder called? i.e the connections for the coil, the cold water-in fitting and the hot water-out fitting on top? Do they come with the cylinder normally, are they in a pack etc,how do they get the fig into the figroll etc???

Thanks in advance as usual

F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

Fredser wrote:
    i.e the connections for the coil, the cold water-in fitting and the hot water-out fitting on top? Do they come with the cylinder normally, are they in a pack etc,how do they get the fig into the figroll etc???
    F
    Fredser wrote:
    Do they come with the cylinder normally, F

No

You will need the following:

2 number 1" x 3/4" 317 (for the coil)

2 number 1" x 3/4" 311 (for the cold feed and expansion).

Be extremely careful making the fittings on to the coil, if it turns you will tear the cylinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

Thanks for info pipers :o

I don't think I will be doing the cylinder myself .... One assumes that PTFE tape and jointing compound is suitable for use on these joints to the cylinder???

F

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

never use jointing compound with PTFE.
    Only ever use flax & boss white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

never use jointing compound with PTFE.
    Only ever use flax & boss white.

Hi General Motors,

The BOSS WHITE tub says that it is common practice to use this product in conjunction wither either PTFE Tape or flax.

Lets start a vote for joining compression fittings. Vote A,B,C,D or E :D:D

A) No Flax or compound at all (as per some plumbers opinions)
    B) PTFE Tape Only
    C) Flax Only
    D) Compound Only
    E) None of the above

Have Fun :)

F

Advertisement