Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful people

Options
  • 12-06-2005 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

don't know weather this is the right forum so sorry if its the wrong one

just saw an article on this website on my daily sift through bbc news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4602547.stm

its about this website

http://www.beautifulpeople.net

i thought the site was bordering on lunacy considering there's good looking assholes, wife beaters, thieves, killers, gold diggers, and pedophiles. looks don't mean a thing.... websites like these only make the less fortunate of us (where looks are concerned) i.e. ugly people feel worse about themselves and apparently the website isn't even that good....

is it right to discriminate like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Somehow I find it so apt that that site gives you a warning about using Firefox to view it...

:)

Edit and rofl :D
    As a platform BeautifulPeople is beyond anything seen on-line so far. Beautifulpeople is the first of its kind and leader in it´s own right. It allows its chosen few to take full control of both the visuals of the site, as well as the format.

Man I'm not sure whether to feel pity or just laugh. Maybe a mix of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I refuse to use IE because I believe in beautiful browsing only.

But sounds like a dumb idea - beauty is subjective. I bet all the men on there look like horribly plastic Ken dolls. [inset puking smiley]

Let these idiots have their little club if they want - reduces the chance of anyone else ending up on a date with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu wrote:
    Let these idiots have their little club if they want - reduces the chance of anyone else ending up on a date with them!

My thoughts exactly. Plus I don't see what the big deal is about.

It's not like ugly people are allowed to have sex anyways!

nesf wrote:

It's not like ugly people are allowed to have sex anyways!

Well, they have furry clubs instead. (interthreaduality)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

simu wrote:
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It is completely free to upload your picture and profile. If you want full access to all the features on the site Subscription costs are as follows:

14 Days £9.95
    30 Days £14.95
    90 Days £29.95
    180 Days £39.95
    365 Days £69.95
    1940-1987 Date of birth.

Can't use netscape or Firefox

More money than sense. Let's cross post from hotornot.

Shagtastic

We could try and see if they'd let Bertie in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

simu wrote:
    We could try and see if they'd let Bertie in!
    No aphrodisiac is powerful enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement