Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

magic numbers...

• 11-06-2005 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

any good/anyone heard them before.... just watching a c4 documentary - sound not too bad...sound ppl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

they sound like what the thrills should be - they even play the accordion!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

never herad of them.. but have you heard of the decemberists or the mountain goats?

I think they both use the accordian too in some songs..

also, the both rock

well im not some accordion (how de hell do you spell it ) freak, it was just really a side note - but they sound gud (bbc linky - all i could find quickly )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Yeah I was watching c4 aswell. I've heard abit of their stuff before and I think their pretty good!

They sound not tooo bad at alll (sory for the cynical bit) - thinking they may be somehting to look forward to playing over the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Their singer sounds exactly like Glen Hansard from the frames sometimes I think. They are ok, nothing special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I hear that about *so* many bands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Mordeth wrote:
    never herad of them.. but have you heard of the decemberists or the mountain goats?

sax.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Mordeth wrote:

also, the both rock

decemberists are great, one of my favourites. never heard of the mountain goats though. are they similiar to decemberists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

they have to be the ugliest band going though
    have their last single on 7 inch
    dont know what to make of them yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Well certainly their basist chick thing is rather, well, unappealing!..but who ever needed to be good looking to make good music? ;)

Have quite a few of their tracks on the pc, sounding decent enough now. Somehow I'm not sure they're going to break it big though, but hey, I have been wrong before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Mordeth wrote:

also, the both rock

Mountain Goats are fantastic, one of my favourite bands
    Saw them play here in 1996 (Slatterys) and 2002 (Cobblestone)

The three albums they have done for 4AD are a lot more polished than their previous body of work.
    Zopilote Machine or Nothing For Juice are probably my favourite albums of theirs

The three comps Ghana, Bitter Melon Farm, Protein Source... are well worth getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

They arent the prettiest of bands, but their album art is pretty cool, bit like southpark characters, v cute. And the album is pretty good, nice and happy, they sound like they're skinnier...meh all the more to love :D

Advertisement