Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get to Slane?

Options
  • 10-06-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am from Cork and don't have a car. I was thinking of getting the train to Dublin, and getting a taxi there or something. Do any buses from Dublin City Centre go direct to Slane? What is the best way to get to Slane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

In the same boat corkman, I'm heading up from Limerick..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Plenty of coaches go, and i know a whole ****ing troup of buses go from Dublin City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

There will probably be special services on from the bus depot in Dublin. Check regularly with mcd or Dublin bus.

qz, how far is slane outside dublin (e.g minutes) I kinda wanna head out on the lash after the gig and wanna be back in reasonable time. P.s do you have any idea where this place called the viper rooms is. heard its open till 4am?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

You should be able to buy a train ticket from Cork to Drogheda(also covers the journey from Hueston to Connolly). Should be loads of buses going from Drogheda though you'll probably end up having to do an overnight in Drogheda. No bad thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

qz, how far is slane outside dublin (e.g minutes) I kinda wanna head out on the lash after the gig and wanna be back in reasonable time. P.s do you have any idea where this place called the viper rooms is. heard its open till 4am?

On an average day's drive, maybe over an hour. On the day of the gig? A lot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

It's at least an hour walk/cue from the barrier's into the gig and even more when it's over so take that into consideration

an hours walk? are ya mad. its 15/20 minutes tops for feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dublin bus run buses every ten mins from parnell square to slane

slane will finish between 10.30 - 11.00,
    if your quick and smart you can be on a bus at the front by 11.15 and be back in dublin for 12pm

viper room is on the quays about 5 mins from o'connell st afaik

• Advertisement

Being from limerick I don't know what time the nightlife kicks off in dublin. Any ideas on good spots to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://homepage.eircom.net/~austinville/slane.jpg

im bored so i made you a little map.

if your after hippity hop the vaults is usually good for it,
    keep an eye out coming up to slane as there might be a ticketed after party or something on there.
    maybe post something on the relevant music board to find a good place that you might be in to :)

Thank you very much Chalk... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

There will be buses from Limerick, ask Bus Eireann or Empire Music etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

Draupnir wrote:
    an hours walk? are ya mad. its 15/20 minutes tops for feck sake.
    okay, I'm probably exaggerating but it depends on what time of the day you go at. If 200 busloads of people have just arrived it can take quite a while.

ah right, ive never arrived later than 10 o clock in the morning.

for goin out in dublin, dont go into town till at the earliest 10 o clock, its quiet enough until then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

CorkMan wrote:
    I am from Cork and don't have a car. I was thinking of getting the train to Dublin, and getting a taxi there or something.

:D:D:D:D hahahahahaha! Taxi from Dublin to Slane!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh the look on your face would be priceless when you get the bill off a Dublin taxi!!! Better work on that "or something" ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Do ye recommend getting a bus to Slane Castle from Dublin city centre so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dabberwatcher

yea
    get bus form dublin city centre. they leave 1 after another all day long.
    u can get tickets in advance from ticketmaster with their usual bookin fee added of course.
    once at slane its a long walk, 3/4 hour maybe depending on cue to get into actual concert. alot shorter gettin out though, thro village if same as last year, but very crowded. buses waitin straight back to dublin city centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

It takes a fair while to even get out of the grounds of the venue, and then waiting for the bus to leave after getting on one. Takes a good 20-25 minutes walk to get to the buses, and that's at a normal walking pace, not the stumblings of a tired, slightly drunk person.

Advertisement