Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Creative writing courses

Options
  • 10-06-2005 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Can anyone recommend a Dublin creative writing course, in the city centre?

Part time, evenings etc

Any info much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

UCD run lots of different evening writing courses. A lot of the programmes won't start again until September/October now but I think there are a few during Spring/Summer.

You can find more information at www.ucd.ie/adulted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭oddlyaromatic

http://www.writerscentre.ie/courses/

There are some there too. The Irish Writers' Centre about 10-15 mins walk (I walk slow) from O Connell St, opposite the north railing Gardens of Rememberence, if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I know you've asked specifically for creative writing course information, but as UCD has already been suggested, I'd like to suggest that you pop along to one of the ELS meetings that are held on a weekly basis throughout the academic year in UCD. The ELS is a student orientated, student run society, but we do occasionally have some staff attendance. Workshops vary in topic from week to week, usually hosted by society members, but, when finances run to it, we employ the services of a professional writer. Meetings are free, if you're a UCD student you can join the society for two euro on freshers week, but if you're not, come along anyway. I'm auditor for the year, which is probably why I'm pimping the society, but in addition to the creative writing course you choose to do, if you find one that you want, come join us some evening. We don't bite, tea/coffee/milk and biscuits are supplied, and there is the possibility of hot chocolate if the demand is high enough. Plus we have cake at some meetings. I mean, who doesn't love cake? The meetings are relaxed and respectful, people are given the opportunity to read what they've written after each exercise and we always value visitors. The more people, the more points of view. You never know who you'll inspire, or who you'll get inspiration from.

Just think about the free biscuits!

Advertisement