Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AERTEL music

Options
  • 10-06-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Ah the good ole days of RTE2 when it broadcast AERTEL when its programmes had not started yet.

Now the thing that is bugging me is what tunes they used to play while they showed AERTEL? You know they used to have a set playlist of the same tunes over and over and over again... This was before the days when they used to play Radio 2 / 2FM over the AERTEL.

So please help me out. Here is what I remember:

Arabesque — In For A Penny, In For A Pound
    Dr Hook - When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman
    a Hot Chocolate tune
    an ABBA tune

???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

was it not always 2fm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Nope, it happened directly before they showed the Network 2 clock that counted down to the beginning of the children's programming. I'm guessing 1985-1990. I remember when they switched it to 2fm because I missed the old music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is it my imagination or did RTÉ show non stop adverts for an hour or 2 back in the day before programming started

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Yes they did. They used to show a half hour programme showing just the new adverts, not the ones currently showing. I used to love that programme. It was a mind trip!

Advertisement