Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Walls Skimming

Options
  • 10-06-2005 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I have a toilet and small bath room,the wallls of which i want to paint.The toilet is aboit 4ftx2ft and 7ft tall and the bathroom is approx 7 ft long x4ft wide with a tapering ceiling from 7 to 5ft high.The current finish isnt too bad,the plaster is nicked and gouged but otherwise okay,oh yeah and there's about 4 square ft allready tiled.Any ideas for a skimming qoute?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Are you sure you need to have the walls skimmed?
    I reckon you are going to pay around €500 (or more) for a plasterer, even considering the small area.

Given the small surface area, you might be better off with a bucket of filler and a good clean filling knife. Lots of elbow grease (or an orbital sander and some elbow grease) will smooth things out pretty well.
    I did two entire bedrooms like this, and they came well, even after years of wallpaper/scrapping/wallpaper etc.

Of course, the above does not apply should your walls contain craters, bullet holes, badly filled chasing marks and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi degsy,

I know a real plasterer, (old time) who is reasonable and suprisingly clean, if you are Northside of Dublin I would be happy to give you a number for him, any prices etc strictly between the two of you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Great.Can you pm me his number please?

Advertisement