Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popped my Royal Cherry

Options
  • 09-06-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Well,

It's about time, I have been playing with friends since I was 16 and I had never hit a Royal.

Just picked up a whopping $2.50 pot with my Royal Flush. :)

To make up for it the RNG then dealt me JJ I limped in UTG and it gets raised with one other caller, I flat call.

Flop comes JJ3, I check first player pushes the second calls.

I am up against AA and 33. treble up.

next hand, WHAT DO I GET!? AA....... which I picked up a small $30 pot with.

Gotta love online poker when it is good to you, what are the odds of getting a Royal Flush followed by Quads followed by AA?

Don't think i'll see a rush like that for quite some time, not with those cards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Damn misleading titles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

congrats :D

hit two straight flushes and QdQh two hands in a row in a tourney the other night...still only finished 9th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

well very first hand of the PPP 2K tourney today i got dealt AA. i just bang it all in from late coz i know ill get a caller.

sure enough muppet calls me with 22.

he hit a straight.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Samba wrote:
    Well,

Gotta love online poker when it is good to you, what are the odds of getting a Royal Flush followed by Quads followed by AA?

Don't think i'll see a rush like that for quite some time, not with those cards

I was playing in the Fitzwilliam Club last year and i got dealt 4 Aces in Omaha!!!!!! AArgh - whats the odds on that!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well...
    All four cards have to be aces...
    the first card has a 4 in 52 chance of being an ace, the second 3 in 51 the third 2 in 50 and the fourth has a 1 in 49 chance of being an ace.

The odds are 4*3*2*1 (aka 4!) divided by 52*51*50*49 (aka 52!/48!)... giving an answer of 24 in 6497400 or better expressed as 1 in 270,725. Which in anyones book is pretty unlikely.

You probably didnt actually actually *want* an answer to that question, did you....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

DeVore wrote:
    Well...
    All four cards have to be aces...
    the first card has a 4 in 52 chance of being an ace, the second 3 in 51 the third 2 in 50 and the fourth has a 1 in 49 chance of being an ace.

The odds are 4*3*2*1 (aka 4!) divided by 52*51*50*49 (aka 52!/48!)... giving an answer of 24 in 6497400 or better expressed as 1 in 270,725. Which in anyones book is pretty unlikely.

You probably didnt actually actually *want* an answer to that question, did you....

DeV.

Yikes,

I've played two games off Omaha ever, both by mistake while trying to register for a NL seat on Party Poker, where you can't hang around.

I was dealt 4 Aces in one of them games ! ..... "Snap" I shouted !

I was then informed once the hand was over that I should have folded them ! :confused:

And believe it or not, my first ever 'real money' game of Poker with 'real poker players' when I was underage drinking in the local underage drinking pub (you know the craic) when I was 15 I was dealt 4 aces straight away (draw poker) as well...... I knew what to do with them though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

About time it is too!

I've had 2 so far now and one other straight flush to the 8 with 67s. First one was about 3 weeks back that paid off about $15 thanks to some short stack with a boat full of queens.

Second one was the day before yesterday that helped me get to 2nd place in a freeroll with 10Qs. Table full of callers going all-in and I was short on chips with hefty blinds to contend with. Called for my 1.8K stack which then turned into 12K after that hand, sweet to say the least!

They were all within the past month funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Culchie wrote:
    I was dealt 4 Aces in one of them games ! ..... "Snap" I shouted !

I was then informed once the hand was over that I should have folded them ! :confused:
    Just in case you're not joking four of a kind is the worst starting hand you can get in Omaha. At least as far as I know. There could be worse but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I know zippy de doo daa about Omaha !

It was an interesting relevation to be told that a poker of Aces is not a good starting hand, I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lol, what you're looking for is AK double suited and you can be on your merry way :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement