Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgehogs

Options
  • 09-06-2005 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Does anyone have any hedgehogs rescued or otherwise.
    this customer requires good snail eaters if possible.
    Please E.mail me & I will forward to him all comments.

I was wondering if you would know if it is possible to get a hedgehog, there used to be some in and around our garden but none have been scene for a while, if pos we'd like to try and re introduce some as we have the right habitat lots of overgrown gardens and large amounts of hedging, with thanx if you have any inf Nick.......
    >

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

I had thought this may have been of some interest to the board.
    Is it that two people are looking for hedgehogs or is it that someone is trading in them?

I thought I was helping the environment by contacting a rescue organisation with a place to home a hedgehog.
    I DONT get involved with pollytics the hogs have those allready.
    I will return all comments to my customer (He does not want to buy them he is just OFFERING a place for a wild animal to live)
    If you cant help. DONT bother
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

/me scratches head.....

Im confused,.... did I miss somthing??

Yes you missed it

boroughmal wrote:
    I had thought this may have been of some interest to the board.
    Is it that two people are looking for hedgehogs or is it that someone is trading in them?

I thought I was helping the environment by contacting a rescue organisation with a place to home a hedgehog.
    I DONT get involved with pollytics the hogs have those allready.
    I will return all comments to my customer (He does not want to buy them he is just OFFERING a place for a wild animal to live)
    If you cant help. DONT bother
    Regards

Huh????

What are you on about???

Oh, and another thing- do you speak to all your potential customers like that?
    Because to me, you come across as very cranky on this board, and if ever I decide to buy anything fish-related, I won't be visiting your site.

• Advertisement

and thanks again.
    If you were as old as me you would be cranky too.
    Tell it as you see it if you dont like it you dont have to read it.
    sensible conversation is free to those who are sensible.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

As we're being sensible...
    Seeing as the hedgehog is a protected species under Section 2 of the 1976 Act, it
    is an offence to capture a wild animal (including a hedgehog) even with the intention to release it elsewhere (unless you have a license to do so). That is, you can do nothing which interferes with the animal even if your intentions are honourable.

The reason being is that you may be removing it from a natural food source, or from a breeding area.

As we are being sensible your quotation is absuloutly stupid.
    Do you think I am a maniac that kidnaps hedgehogs.
    When they are building motorways & LARGE HOUSING ESTATES where do all the wild animals go. Perhaps you think they all pack their bags and go to the canary islands.
    Is it not better to rehouse these animals in a safer environment where they can live their lives without interferance.
    I was targeting anyone with a licence to do so, Not expecting someone to quote stupid rantings
    Remember Watership down.
    War is for idiots who cannot think their way out or are too greedy to do so.

boroughmal wrote:
    As we are being sensible your quotation is absuloutly stupid.
    Is it not better to rehouse these animals in a safer environment where they can live their lives without interferance.
    I was targeting anyone with a licence to do so, Not expecting someone to quote stupid rantings
    Remember Watership down.
    War is for idiots who cannot think their way out or are too greedy to do so.

No it is not better, when it is against the law and when the law does actually make sense. What if everyone captured 1 wild hedgehog? Most people would keep it as a pet alright, but the chances of your average person devising some sort of breeding programme to sustain the species would be slim.
    boroughmal wrote:
    Not expecting someone to quote stupid rantings

That's a bit rich coming from you. As usual, you ask a question and when you don't get an answer that suits you, you go on one of your little rants.

Advertisement