Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox drive with the holes in cd tray.

Options
  • 09-06-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

what does this drive have that the other drives dont? my xbox has the cd tray finger holes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It means it's more then likly a samsung dvd-drive, your friends prolly have philip's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Its a lot more compatible with differant types of dvd media than other drives. I have one myself, but have yet to get a cd burned to work properly in it.

you have a thompson then, samsung reads cd's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

the older samsuns were the best xbox drive, the newer ones are only okay, about the same as the phillips

theres no diffenrece they read same media.

• Advertisement

you have a thompson then, samsung reads cd's fine.

Nope. I have a Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok so i can play copied cds and dvds in it? does that mean it plays copied games?(not lookin to do it im just wonderin)

:o yes, dont ask stupid questions. go ask stuff like that on www.xbox-scene.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Samsung have a higher rate of success with writeable media. I have had only one disk fail to work.

Gibbo's right :D samsung rule, pitty they dont read any dvd+r's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

The PS1 drives rule!

Spam ^^

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ok so i can play copied cds and dvds in it? does that mean it plays copied games?(not lookin to do it im just wonderin)

Thats nothing to do with the make of dvd drive.

So to the guys with Samsungs, what brand of cds are you successfully writing? anywhere in town I can pick up say 10 cds which definitely work with samsungs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

:o yes, dont ask stupid questions. go ask stuff like that on www.xbox-scene.com

i dont like you. go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I use the cheapo spindles you buy anywhere skywalker.

Yeah but thats kinda the prob with cds. If it was dvds youd say a brand name and where it was got and bingo bango, I know ive got a media that works. I dont wanna go out and buy a spindle of cds if their not gonna work.

look, listen if it has holes its either a crappy thompson, or a good samsung, burn music to a cd-r and see if you can copy it to hdd with the MS dashboard, if it can, its a samsung, and can read the following : cd-r, cd-rw, dv-r, and dvd-rw, it CANNOT read dvd+r's. if it cant copy your cd-r musci disc to xbox, its a thompson and can read the following: dvd+r,dvd-r,dvd-rw and CANNOT read copied cd media of any brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

see http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=82908
    99.99999999999% of your questions are answered in these forums...

i already told him bot xbox scene, and he said "go away" or something similar, dont even try and help him, someone gives him advice and he gets pissed off? he is weird.

Advertisement