Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Idea?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭

The amount of great shows which have gone on over the number of years which i have missed the final episdoe.

The show i am talking about are the wonders years, blackadder etc. Classic shows.

Why not email RTE and see if they would be interesting in doing a show on the last episode of these classic shows.. It could give an small few mins on to the actual show an then show the whole final episode.

I am not talking about show that have been cancelled but more of the ones that were wrapped and tied up.

What to you guys think on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I can see it now.

"Gerry Ryans Last Episode Hitlist"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, good idea, ive never seen the last episode of Quantum Leap unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

They can't even do a decent show about kids tv I wouldn't expect them to pull that off though it sounds like a good idea. Perhaps something Channel 4 could pull off, but not RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Quantum Leap is still going.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Quantum Leap is still going.
    Umm the last new episode aired in the US on the 5th of May '93. There's repeats on sure, but it's still hard to try and catch the one final episode out of all of those, which is what the original poster is suggesting and which RTE would screw up in favour of the final episodes of "Glenroe" and "Upwardly Mobile".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

ixoy wrote:
    Umm the last new episode aired in the US on the 5th of May '93. There's repeats on sure, but it's still hard to try and catch the one final episode out of all of those, which is what the original poster is suggesting and which RTE would screw up in favour of the final episodes of "Glenroe" and "Upwardly Mobile".
    I think neuromancer is referring to the proposed TV movie/possible two hour pilot for a new series if the TV movie is successful.

Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward
    "Twenty years after the original series left Dr. Sam Beckett "leaping" into the great unknown, Sam is finally reunited with Al, his old mentor and "partner in time." But when circumstances beyond their control send Sam away once more, Al must recruit his lost friend's daughter to pick up where her father left off and hopefully help find Sam again in the process."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I can see it now.

"Gerry Ryans Last Episode Hitlist"

I think I'd prefer "Gerry Ryans Last Episode Ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Thought about this before but there are a lot of small problems with this.

Such as program length, licencing, genre, audience, and basically filler material that would go around the program, as with all RTÉ programs we would end up having the same people saying "yeah it was mad the way sam gave birth in that one" or
    "Kevin got that other girl pregnant and didn't end up with Winnie"
    or "so who did shoot J.R."

That said it would be a great idea if it was put together properly by people who knew what they were on about instead of say.. I dunno ...Fiona Looney, Katherine Thomas, That comedian guy with the stupid glasses, and gavin lambe Murphy??? that they invariably pull out of their ...well, you know who I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I doubt you could economically buy the broadasting rights just to the last episode of a series, surely the whole last season would need to be bought at least. Would be a great thing if it could come to fruition though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

this is a good idea

id love something like this for shows like quantum leap, family ties, wonder years etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Shamrok wrote:
    I doubt you could economically buy the broadasting rights just to the last episode of a series, surely the whole last season would need to be bought at least. Would be a great thing if it could come to fruition though.

Channel 4 ran a soap weekend a few years back with episodes of Dallas, Soap and a few other shows. I'm pretty sure it could be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"Kevin got that other girl pregnant and didn't end up with Winnie"

What girl did he get pregnant?

I remember the last episode - don't remember that bit.

I do remember though that
    The narrator told us his Dad died of a heartattack a few years later and Wayne took over the business. Then at the very end the narrator's son is heard coming in and asking him to go out and play catch

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

I missed the last episode and was told what happened.

Just looked it up on tv tome and it was his sister who got pregnant.

So I would imagine that he was also not the father...

Sorry. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just watched the last episode of QL there. Strange, I remembered a completely different episode which obviously wasn't the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ill email RTE i think.

Advertisement