Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North dublin poker master series - organiser

Options
  • 08-06-2005 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am the organiser of this North Dublin Poker series that starts on Friday night, June 10th.

As I am running these games for 6 years now, I can ensure you that this is no "crapshoot". There has been alot of hard work put into this and we expect that the tournament will meet the 140 player limit. Yes it is a self deal game however, the final two tables will have dealers. Each night, we hope to pay out up to 18 cash prizes ranging from 100 euro to 3000 euro depending on numbers (pro rata). The Grand final will then be a 50euro entry, 30 euro rebuy game with the extra 2500euro (rolled over from qualifiers) making up a substantial cashfund.

There is a gauranteed 80% payout and the figure of 7000euro pro rata as advertised on poker.ie will increase or decrease depending on attendance.

In relation to the comment regarding this event being a crapshoot, a 1am finishing time was only an estimate and from my poker experience, i'd expect the game to finish approx. 3am. The estimated finishing time was so not too scare off those people who enjoy early nights to bed!!!.

Come early to avoid disappointment as there are only 14 tables of ten available and it is a first come first served registration.

Please feel free to pass this information onto relevant parties you think might be interested.

Should you have any other queries relating to this event and its qualifiers, you can contact me at andrew_jones@dub.invesco.com or phone 087 6402336.

Regards
    Tournament Referee

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Can I draw your attention Here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

is this the one in malahide castle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Rory,

Yea I think it is.

Ian s
    check your private messages

tournament ended up being ok. Standard was absolutely muck before the break with plenty of Ax merchants and all-in calls with Q 3 (because thay were suited...). Most of the players didnt know all the rules so it was easy to milk them when you got a good hand but impossible to bluff. It was ALL about what cards you held + your luck. think there was 90 runners

started of on 1500, got up about 4,500 on the last hand before the break. got dealt A Q , made a raise of 1000 to rob blinds of 200, 400. Folded to BB who was VERY nervous. He pushed all he chips in in a blatant bluff. I call ( he had 5,000 chips after getting lucky earlier). 9,200 pot. He turns over Q 10 diamonds.

Flop comes A (yes!) 2 7 ..........ALL DIAMONDS!!!!!!!

had no chips left so I topped up (dont even know if i can without chips??) for 3000. Decided to go all in after the break on the first good hand cos the terrible standard of play was annoying me.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got lucky and found myself on the last 2 tables wth about 30,000. Got absolutely muck cards for ages and got blinded down to 18,000. Finally made a move to protect my big blind with k j suited (with 1 limper) small blind thinks for ages and calls with 5 5. i flop a king he flops a 5. game over. Im out in 12th in my usual just outside the money place.

think 1st place got 1750 down to 9th 50euro.

Overall it was well run by andrew but i dont think id go back. The standard was soooo bad up until the last two tables. One old guy who was absolutely hammered had to be carried out for being too drunk and another drunk fella even got lucky and made it to the last 18!! he barely knew how to play!

For the value too i think ill stick to the fitz. cost 30 + 20 for me, but some people spent a lot more. They had a good cash game going after it. dont think there was any rake

• Advertisement
Advertisement