Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrion 100 Freezout Last Night

Options
  • 08-06-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here played the 100+10 Freezout in the Merrion last night with the added prize fund. Any report as to the number of entrants, standard of play and the money winners?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I played in it. There were 45 entrants and the merrion added 500euro. I got knocked out sometime after 11pm, there were still 4 tables going at this stage. My table was very tight I dont think we made it past the flop during the first hour and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I could have sworn it was more than 45 it looked like there were 6 full tables going when I got knocked out early (called an all in with pocket tens guy had AQ diamonds and rivers a flush)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

I was told 48 runners. I know christy smith came second for 1100euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

I was lucky enough to get 1st on Tuesday night. Being chip leader at the final table lasted about 15 mins when my AK was cracked by AQ. 36k down to 5k, blinds were 1k & 2k. Things not looking good. Determined not to tilt, I waited a round, down to 3k found AQ, tripled through. two hands later I get aces, double up. A while later QQ, double up again. Three handed my JJ takes out Owens QQ with a lucky J on the flop. Two minutes later my Q3 cracks Christies Q9 with a sneaky 3 on the flop. So my luck was definitly in even though I was pretty much card dead all night with no premium starting hands bar a 99 & an AK. Then whammo, a run of honey just when i needed it. Hoepfully that run will extend to this evenings WSOP satelite...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

nice comeback tim, what was the prize for 1st?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Nice one Graham -
    Are u going to spend your money on a flight to Vegas?
    I've got to start playing this game more frequently - see u in the Merrion tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

tempting alright. Ask me again about 4 am this morning...

Advertisement